Painting a case in a big city

greaves1111

Anyone else without a backyard or workshop had to use the big city to do your painting? How did you pull it off without being in people's way? I guess I could use the sidewalk but keeping the elements from settling on the wet paint might be hard. I'm in NYC

2 minutes ago, greaves1111 said:

Anyone else without a backyard or workshop had to use the big city to do your painting? How did you pull it off without being in people's way? I guess I could use the sidewalk but keeping the elements from settling on the wet paint might be hard. I'm in NYC

You can do it inside by setting up a small spray booth using plastic sheeting, and exhaust fan to get rid of the fumes. If you have a buddy that has a workspace or shop that would be the best option of course. 

13 minutes ago, greaves1111 said:

Why not?  I see plenty of folks doing spray paint art out in the open in and around Time Square every time I'm up there. Maybe hop in a cab and head to a public park?

Dont worry I also live in nyc been looking for a spot to paint some stuff like my pc case and maybe my gundams ect 

Arch2k

On 8/9/2016 at 5:36 PM, done12many2 said:

Why not?  I see plenty of folks doing spray paint art out in the open in and around Time Square every time I'm up there. Maybe hop in a cab and head to a public park?

True. I guess if those guys can spraypaint outside, i can too. I'm almost tempted to take my case, alot of newspapers, and some spraypaint to the local park and make a day out of it

On 13/08/2016 at 6:46 AM, greaves1111 said:

True. I guess if those guys can spraypaint outside, i can too. I'm almost tempted to take my case, alot of newspapers, and some spraypaint to the local park and make a day out of it

if u live in a apartment building see if u can go to the roof? out of the way to probably everyone. its what i used to do. 

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

I just go downstairs to the alley and spray paint my stuff inside of a cardboard box (used for blocking wind). The embarrassing part is staining the asphalt with paint. But it goes away, eventually. I am actually in the process of painting a Deepcool Steam Castle. 

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

I just go downstairs to the alley and spray paint my stuff inside of a cardboard box (used for blocking wind). The embarrassing part is staining the asphalt with paint. But it goes away, eventually. I am actually in the process of painting a Deepcool Steam Castle. 

id say keep something like acetone on you and just put some on the painted ground..... 

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King

On 8/10/2016 at 3:08 PM, JJBTEXAS said:

look for a maker space

Agreed.  Some makerspaces have a membership cost per month or even a trial membership, but they can help you get started on any project.  Even get you started on things you didn't even know you wanted to do.  Not only would they have a space to paint, but they can help you with it and show you different ways.