GTX 1070 Sea Hawk

BaconPersuasion

through MSI afterburner with voltage at 105% i was able to get a stable 2100mhz overclock. the temps never hit over 47c even on burn tests. is there any way to push this harder or am i limited by the power delivery?

IMG_0214.JPG

Pretty impressive temperatures. Are the fans loud under stress test?

Just now, Teddy07 said:

its an aio watercooler card, they just run cold :P

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

its an aio watercooler card, they just run cold :P

I never had an AiO but arent you a bit worried that the water leaks?

4 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

just single push fan. i run it at minimum 800 rpm i think. silent

2 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

thats why i stay away from watercooling personally.

that, and it being stupidly, ludicrously expensive compared to its reliability even outside of leaks.

not at a

2 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

not at all. used tons of closed loop systems. the pump fails before anything related to leakage could occur

Just now, BaconPersuasion said:

not at a

not at all. used tons of closed loop systems. the pump fails before anything related to leakage could occur

70 dollar difference from reference design . an aftermarket air cooler would cost that and nowhere near as silent

Just now, BaconPersuasion said:

a block of aluminium cant fail at all tho :P

thats why my preference will always remain with tower coolers. that, and when the pump fails you're basicly reduced to zero cooling, instead of just passive.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

a block of aluminium cant fail at all tho :P

thats why my preference will always remain with tower coolers. that, and when the pump fails you're basicly reduced to zero cooling, instead of just passive.

add one in 5 years when the cooler fails. or just get a new gpu because its been too long anyway. corsair guarantees the cooler for 5 years anyway

3 minutes ago, BaconPersuasion said:

add one in 5 years when the cooler fails. or just get a new gpu because its been too long anyway. corsair guarantees the cooler for 5 years anyway

in 5 yeard i'll most likely have done a $20 swap on the fan of my tower cooler and still be happily using it ;)

you want the cooler to last as long as the silicon underneath, because when the cooler dies, damage to the silicon is not an unlikely scenario.

2 minutes ago, BaconPersuasion said:

70 dollar difference from reference design . an aftermarket air cooler would cost that and nowhere near as silent

the AIO costs 50 dollars more than air designs. at least where i live

in addition it's not like if air coolers are significantly louder. ofc AIO coolers can cool far better though

Just now, manikyath said:

in 5 yeard i'll most likely have done a $20 swap on the fan of my tower cooler and still be happily using it ;)

you want the cooler to last as long as the silicon underneath, because when the cooler dies, damage to the silicon is not an unlikely scenario.

i was referring to pump failure. but i wouldn't  keep a GPU that long anyway. that would result in nothing more than a driver crash. 

1 minute ago, BaconPersuasion said:

i was referring to pump failure. but i wouldn't  keep a GPU that long anyway. that would result in nothing more than a driver crash. 

and a bricked gpu because it cant run what it takes to boot into windows without that pump, and i guarantee you that pump will be noisy as hell after 2 years at most.

--

i'm sure you wont be that wasteful if you have to flip a macbook to afford a gaming system ;)

Just now, manikyath said:

and a bricked gpu because it cant run what it takes to boot into windows without that pump, and i guarantee you that pump will be noisy as hell after 2 years at most.

--

i'm sure you wont be that wasteful if you have to flip a macbook to afford a gaming system ;)

ofcourse i could boot 6700k has an integrated gpu. the pos macbook was just an excuse to upgrade from a i5 750 and a r9 290x. btw the i5  had a closed loop corsair on it with a 54 % overclock. still going strong running at ambient silently at light to moderate loads well over 5 years later.