Any help with this networking?

Flight1sim
Just now, Flight1sim said:

nope

Okay so the routerr2 has its own network but receives internet from the ASUS router (essentially an AP) and within that network is where my pc and server will be. 

That because of how subnets work

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What are you looking for?

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Not gonna happen unless you have smart switches(level 2+ and level 3 and multiple clients)

aggregation? Isn't that what'd happen through having 2 4 port nics, one in my pc and one in my server? And iirc the switch Im thinking of getting can do that

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

1 minute ago, mcraftax said:

That because of how subnets work

lol thats the word i was looking for :P 

But yeah the router2 would just host a subnet for my server and pc 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

aggregation? Isn't that what'd happen through having 2 4 port nics, one in my pc and one in my server? And iirc the switch Im thinking of getting can do that

It won't help unless you have multiple clients. Your much better of making a point to point 10gig or infiniband link.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

It won't help unless you have multiple clients. Your much better of making a point to point 10gig or infiniband link.

oh someone on tek syndicate a year ago said I could aggregate the network between just my pc and server

oh someone on tek syndicate a year ago said I could aggregate the network between just my pc and server

not unless your using smb3 on windows hosts and server. Id get a 10gig point to point. You can get it for about 100 these days.

you seem to be missing one very key thing:

packets always take the shortest route, and that doesnt necessarily need to involve going to a router. for example if you had this setup:

- 10Mbps PotatoNet router

- - gigabit switch

- - - PC1

- - - PC2

if you would then transfer data from PC1 to PC2 the data will not reach the router, the switch handles everything. result: the files transfer at gigabit speeds, instead of being capped out by the 10Mbps router.

6 hours ago, Flight1sim said:

for most plebs thats not worth it, a single 7200RPM hard drive usually has difficulty keeping up with gigabit at times, and the extra cost is just not worth it for home use tbh. (since you'd also need a drive setup that can push 2Gbps speeds)