Updated GTX 1070 Build

I posted a week or two ago about me needing recommendations and such about the build I was planning on, quite obviously, building. I got some pretty good recommendations and such and so I updated the build to be cheaper and better. I was able to add an SSD, get DDR4-3000 RAM for cheaper than my previous memory, I changed my case to fit my motherboard and memory colors (And get pretty close to my GPU color), get a smaller PSU instead of the monster that I had, etc etc. So anyways I was wondering if anybody had any extra recommendations or just something to say about the build. My monitor is 1080p 60hz, I understand that the GTX 1070 is seen as the 1440p card but I wont have the money to buy a 1440p monitor so I'll just upgrade to one next year or so.

Markup 4.png

The only change I would do, would be CPU.

Get i5 6600k instead and you are golden with your build.

You might regreat it later, if you won't buy K version now.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

If you can stretch a little over $1200, get 6600k + Z170 board.

1 hour ago, Simon771 said:

The only change I would do, would be CPU.

Get i5 6600k instead and you are golden with your build.

You might regreat it later, if you won't buy K version now.

I have both 6700K  ( 4.5 GHz , actually that PC belongs to my brother, but i am allowed to use it ) and 6500 CPU.If you are going to play games and daily works , the performance difference is very small . K series CPU are for those, who has little high budget because than they will be able to squeeze out more juice  from their CPU, at that price.  But that doesn't mean that non K don't worth money. I can say that because i have both CPU.

Suggestion:

CPU : i5 6600  ->  i5 6500 ( there is no real life difference between these two CPU )

SSD : 120 Samsung  ->  240 -250 Gb ( evo, savage , trion 150 , BX 200, MX 200 etc. ) ( 240 - 250 Gb has better read and write performance,  better write/erase cycle, more storage )

PSU : CXM 550W  ->  seasonic s12ii 520 / evga g2 / gs etc. ( Japanese Cap, great board design , better build quality, more reliable )

You should go with a different PSU like the Corsair RM650x or the Cooler Master V550.

They cost both about 80$ but they are solid Gold PSUs.

And depending on the games you wanna play 16GB ram wouldnt be wrong either.

The difference between DDR4-2400 and DDR4-3000 is so small it's better to have 16GB imo.

You can just get the RAM pack you wanna buy twice or look for a cheaper one like the

Ripjaws V DDR-2800 2x8GB (in red) which costs 68$ on newegg.

Also if you are going for a black/red build you can also take a look at the MSI GTX 1070

which from what I've heard is pretty dang good but also costs 20$ more than the one in

your list.

Something else I just saw is your SSD. Your 120GB SSD is like 55$ but the

Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB is 60$ and isnt any worse than the Samsung one.