GTX 970 Battle... Is Palit GTX 970 Jetstream is much better than Zotac Gtx 970 dual fan?

Snizer11

Guys my friend is asking me if i want to trade my zotac gtx 970 dual fan in his Palit Gtx 970 jetstream.. is his Gtx 970 is much better in gaming than mine? i check the website of the Palit Gtx 970 and found out that his gpu has much higher factory overclock than mine. Need any suggestions or performance explanations.. I really appreciate it.

1 minute ago, Snizer11 said:

Guys my friend is asking me if i want to trade my zotac gtx 970 dual fan in his Palit Gtx 970 jetstream.. is his Gtx 970 is much better in gaming than mine? i check the website of the Palit Gtx 970 and found out that his gpu has much higher factory overclock than mine. Need any suggestions or performance explanations.. I really appreciate it.

WAIT.

Are you buying a new card, or trading cards with someone?

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

Just now, UberGamerKing said:

WAIT.

Are you buying a new card, or trading cards with someone?

Just trading cards.. my gpu is used for almost 9 months while his gpu is almost used 1yr.

Just now, Snizer11 said:

Just trading cards.. my gpu is used for almost 9 months while his gpu is almost used 1yr.

Ehh. Keep yours.

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

is more higher factory overclock can't change a thing in gaming performance?

Hmm I'd be suspicious as to why he wants to trade in the first place. If he wants to trade for aesthetics, I don't see anything wrong, given that his card performs similarly.

Otherwise, I'd suggest to just hang on to your card.

2 minutes ago, CyberneticTitan said:

Hmm I'd be suspicious as to why he wants to trade in the first place. If he wants to trade for aesthetics, I don't see anything wrong, given that his card performs similarly.

Otherwise, I'd suggest to just hang on to your card.

Well he said that he just want to try my card if he will experience performance impact in his games. Coz he knew that my card have much lower factory overclock than his.. we both don't overclock our card.

1 minute ago, Snizer11 said:

Well he said that he just want to try my card if he will experience performance impact in his games. Coz he knew that my card have much lower factory overclock than his.. we both don't overclock our card.

The 100Mhz in base clock difference should look something like this: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_970_SC_ACX_Cooler/12.html

This card is about 100Mhz higher than the base GTX 970. As you can see, the difference isn't really noticeable.

Just now, CyberneticTitan said:

The 100Mhz in base clock difference should look something like this: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_970_SC_ACX_Cooler/12.html

This card is about 100Mhz higher than the base GTX 970. As you can see, the difference isn't really noticeable.

I check the site and it provide me the answer that I was looking for. Well maybe the aesthetics of his card is better than mine but in performance perspective there is not much of a difference. I really appreciate it.. thanks!

I told him the things i learned in this forum, but my friend told me his gpu fan and cooling design is much better than mine. And i kinda agree to that. coz my gpu fan is only 80mm and no led light. While his gpu fan and heatsink design as i can see is good. He have 90mm dual fan with led light. And in idle mode or light gaming his gpu fan stops running. So any suggestions?