Cases brilliant for Watercooling (and big Rads)

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

So,I have looked around and came to the conclussion,you know it is the : 

Tinniest POS I can find on Planet Earth...

No,but seriously.You know it will be the biggest of the biggest we have mentioned here : The Corsair 900D

Thanks for your support,

TheRealN00b a.k.a. Früchte

Hello,

I have finished building some desks and now I can start picking up a new case.It should be optimized for Water cooling,because a Thermaltake Shark (I think its from 2005 or 2006 some sort of that time frame) wouldn´t be a great idea.

So I have found following options,some doesn´t really fit my budget about 250 Euros,but atleast I can dedicate a bit more,if needed.I dont want to let like 500 Euros disappear in air :

Corsair

Obsidian 900D

Graphite 780T

Phanteks

Enthoo Evolv ATX TG

If you know any others that can fit about two 360mm Radiators minimum or other combinations,can you write them down for me?

Thanks,

1 minute ago, TheRealN00b said:

Hello,

I have finished building some desks and now I can start picking up a new case.It should be optimized for Water cooling,because a Thermaltake Shark (I think its from 2005 or 2006 some sort of that time frame) wouldn´t be a great idea.

So I have found following options,some doesn´t really fit my budget about 250 Euros,but atleast I can dedicate a bit more,if needed.I dont want to let like 500 Euros disappear in air :

Corsair

Obsidian 900D

Graphite 780T

Phanteks

Enthoo Evolv ATX TG

If you know any others that can fit about two 360mm Radiators minimum or other combinations,can you write them down for me?

Thanks,

The Evolv isn't actually super huge. The 780t would probably be pretty easy to watercool in, though I'm not a fan of Corsair quality. The 900D is stupidly huge. A 750D would be fine realistically.

Could an Enthoo Pro/Primo check all your boxes?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

a fractal design define s has reservoir mounts, supports for 420mm thin and 360mm thick rad 

is a 1/4 of the cost of a 900

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

The define S can easily fit two 360s. Just saying.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Enthoo Primo! It's friggin huge, well thought-out, easy to liquid cool, looks nice, satisfies me sexually. It can also take a total of 13x120mm rads. Just for the sake of full disclosure, the only (very minor) grievances I have with mine is that the power button is placed so that It's a bit too easy to hit with your knee by accident and such a huge thing should come with wheels or a way to easily add them.

Edit: the link + an admission that the thing has made me a bit of a Phanteks fanboy.

28 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Enthoo Primo! It's friggin huge, well thought-out, easy to liquid cool, looks nice, satisfies me sexually. It can also take a total of 13x120mm rads. Just for the sake of full disclosure, the only (very minor) grievances I have with mine is that the power button is placed so that It's a bit too easy to hit with your knee by accident and such a huge thing should come with wheels or a way to easily add them.

Edit: the link + an admission that the thing has made me a bit of a Phanteks fanboy.

1 hour ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The Evolv isn't actually super huge. The 780t would probably be pretty easy to watercool in, though I'm not a fan of Corsair quality. The 900D is stupidly huge. A 750D would be fine realistically.

Could an Enthoo Pro/Primo check all your boxes?

I can certainly agree with these,but the style,where this drive bay just extends down (I mean the cover),it doesnt fit me.The Pro and Luxe are good priced and the Primo is slick,but as mentioned,they have this unique deisgn with this cover,which,I think,covers some of the things like the Reservoir...

The 780T and 750T look nice too,but I am not well-informed on many Corsair cases,but their RAM and PSUs are good.

1 hour ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

The define S can easily fit two 360s. Just saying.

I could get me one,but I dont really know,it is "small",but still thanks.

I will make some research and I would likely post about the situation once I am done reading other suggestions from this lovely community and maybe picked a case on my own.

12 minutes ago, TheRealN00b said:

I can certainly agree with these,but the style,where this drive bay just extends down (I mean the cover),it doesnt fit me.The Pro and Luxe are good priced and the Primo is slick,but as mentioned,they have this unique deisgn with this cover,which,I think,covers some of the things like the Reservoir...

The 780T and 750T look nice too,but I am not well-informed on many Corsair cases,but their RAM and PSUs are good.

I could get me one,but I dont really know,it is "small",but still thanks.

I will make some research and I would likely post about the situation once I am done reading other suggestions from this lovely community and maybe picked a case on my own.

Feel free to take a look at my PC (linked in sig). I use a 420 thin rad and a 280 thick one. The case has been absolutely amazing for me. Also Hotline of Awesomesauce network uses two 360s IRC.

IMAG0678.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The thing you need to remember with larger cases is Hardware Dwarfism is a huge issue imho.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

using a phanteks enthoo  pro its huge everything is put together with screws so you can take out the hdd cages and 5,25" bays, you get a res mount (think it needs to be installed on the cages though) and a pump mount you can fit:

front 240 rad (could possibly fit a 360 with some modding)

top 360/420 rad

rear 120/140

bottom 240/140 (but no extra long power supplys)

i currently have a 360 rad on top with no issues 

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

So,I have looked around and came to the conclussion,you know it is the : 

Tinniest POS I can find on Planet Earth...

No,but seriously.You know it will be the biggest of the biggest we have mentioned here : The Corsair 900D

Thanks for your support,

2 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Feel free to take a look at my PC (linked in sig). I use a 420 thin rad and a 280 thick one. The case has been absolutely amazing for me. Also Hotline of Awesomesauce network uses two 360s IRC.

IMAG0678.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The thing you need to remember with larger cases is Hardware Dwarfism is a huge issue imho.

Holy Sh!t that is one sexy thing you have (Not "Hotline" Miami Guy from Awesomesauce,I mean your System above it)

Thanks for sending those pics from your rig over...

4 minutes ago, TheRealN00b said:

Holy Sh!t that is one sexy thing you have (Not "Hotline" Miami Guy from Awesomesauce,I mean your System above it)

Thanks for sending those pics from your rig over...

Thanks!!! I personally think the Define S is a perfect size for that sort of build. Plenty of rad space (360+360+120+120 is possible), low cost, low noise, high quality case.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS