Prodigy M Stuck Side panel

flimsy888

I just got my prodigy m in the mail today.  I open it up try to take the side panels off, and find that the one with the I/O wouldn't budge. after some forcing i finally got it off, but you could see the paint wear off on the inside of the rail for the panel. I need this case to have the system built in it by the 16th, so RMA through newegg is out of the question. should i just try to sand down the point of contact?

i7-4770K, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB, Samsung 840 120GB, 2xSeagate Barracuda 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780 ACX Cooler, NZXT Phantom 820, Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Gold, 2xASUS VH238H Build Log- http://bit.ly/1bWZKu6

I just got my prodigy m in the mail today.  I open it up try to take the side panels off, and find that the one with the I/O wouldn't budge. after some forcing i finally got it off, but you could see the paint wear off on the inside of the rail for the panel. I need this case to have the system built in it by the 16th, so RMA through newegg is out of the question. should i just try to sand down the point of contact?

Can we get a picture?

EDIT: It might be one of the cables getting stuck between the case and side panel.... Idk. Cant tell you what's wrong without a picture.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Here JzRy8YJ.jpg

i7-4770K, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB, Samsung 840 120GB, 2xSeagate Barracuda 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780 ACX Cooler, NZXT Phantom 820, Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Gold, 2xASUS VH238H Build Log- http://bit.ly/1bWZKu6

Here JzRy8YJ.jpg

Hm.... Does this happen to the other side of the case?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Hm.... Does this happen to the other side of the case?

No just that one side...also the two screws on the bottom of that side that hold the base were over torked and cracked the connector, i believe this is unrelated

No just that one side...also the two screws on the bottom of that side that hold the base were over torked and cracked the connector, i believe this is unrelated

I dont think that's the cause....

I dont think that's the cause....

What do you think would be the best course of action...

Get some white spray paint, and LIGHTLY spray it...

If you sand it, it will probably void the warranty so its your choice if you want it to be better. I would contact Bitfenix to see if they can send you a side panel.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Show the side panel and where it hits the case.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Get some white spray paint, and LIGHTLY spray it...

Doesn't fix the stuck panel problem 

If you sand it, it will probably void the warranty so its your choice if you want it to be better. I would contact Bitfenix to see if they can send you a side panel.

I think it is the case not the panel can the panels be swapped from the other side to confirm this?

The side might have been bent during the mailing process.

It appears straight to the human eye...

Doesn't fix the stuck panel problem 

I think it is the case not the panel can the panels be swapped from the other side to confirm this?

It appears straight to the human eye...

Yes I think it can be swapped. I would maybe get a hammer and hammer the part of the case to flatten it more.

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Welp, guess I'm not getting a Prodigy M in white. The shades of white don't even looked matched to me in that picture. Though, that could be the lighting.

Welp, guess I'm not getting a Prodigy M in white. The shades of white don't even looked matched to me in that picture. Though, that could be the lighting.

Ya lighting and my htc one, the cm 10.1 camera isnt the best... the colors are pretty close irl

Ya lighting and my htc one, the cm 10.1 camera isnt the best... the colors are pretty close irl

I have an R4 in white and the paint job was a major disappointment. The differences between the body and front bezel is so obvious. This is why I commented on matching. Seems like white is annoying colour to maintain as the panels either don't match or yellowing.

I have an R4 in white and the paint job was a major disappointment. The differences between the body and front bezel is so obvious. This is why I commented on matching. Seems like white is annoying colour to maintain as the panels either don't match or yellowing.

I personally wouldn't have chose white, this pc is for my sister...

Emailed bitfenix, they said they will send me a whole new case, and i don't have to send back the old one!

Emailed bitfenix, they said they will send me a whole new case, and i don't have to send back the old one!

Guess you can now use that case for another build :)

Guess you can now use that case for another build :)

Ya the guy from support said "you can just build a server in it or something"...lol