Best 1070 card right now?

NiceIsMe

I want to achieve 144hz 1080p with 1070 but there's so much choices!

No MSI in my nearby area sadly.... No Gigabyte 1070 Extreme either which is sad...or i can wait for it since all the other gigabyte card is here. 

My build is rocking all black so i don't really want excessive color, red, blue etc... titanium and a little white color is fine.

5 minutes ago, EazyHTML said:

EVGA FTW 

Can that get 144FPS in 1080p? Its look ugly tho.. 

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

1 minute ago, Carlos1010 said:

It can if paired with an i7.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, Carlos1010 said:

Depends on the game and settings,in AAA not even close

It's looks depend what the user want's

12 minutes ago, NiceIsMe said:

I want to achieve 144hz 1080p with 1070 but there's so much choices!

No MSI in my nearby area sadly.... No Gigabyte 1070 Extreme either which is sad...or i can wait for it since all the other gigabyte card is here. 

My build is rocking all black so i don't really want excessive color, red, blue etc... titanium and a little white color is fine.

Gigabyte G1, EVGA SC, Asus Strix... all of those would do.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

8 minutes ago, Carlos1010 said:

Any GTX 1070 versions will give you same performance.

Some versions might give you 1-3 fps more, but when you manually OC any GTX 1070, all will have same results in the end.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Iv'e got the Asus ROG STRIX 1070 OC 8GB and as far as I know it's the best one out there considering your options. It has RGB so you can make it any color you want with some animation too if you want, the card itself is black. As for performance, since you want 1080P, youll reach 144Hz on some games but not all of them. In a game like the division which is one of the most demanding right now youll sit at a 91 average while youll exceed 150 on doom. If you overclock furthermore than it is you gain 5-6 FPS in 4K which would be more on 1080P. 

If you really want a locked 144hz 1080P, youll will have to either SLI your 1070 or get a single 1080. Same applies to 1440p (you need GTX 1080 SLI for a locked 144). 

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34