Please help with PSU and Motherboard! My first PC-build!

Hey, I need help with these 2-3 components!

Motherboard: Budget (around 90-120 € or USD) 1151 socket MO suitable for gaming. Doesn't have to have sli or overclocking abilities.

My suggestions:

MSI B150 PC Mate, LGA1151

Gigabyte GA-Z170-GAMING K3-EU

MSI B150 GAMING M3

MSI Z170A PC Mate, ATX

AsRock B150 Pro4/3.1, ATX

PSU:

Cooler Master 600W B-series V2 ATX

Seasonic 620W M12II-620 Evo

RAM:  Either

Kingston 16GB(2x8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 MHz, CL15

or

Kingston 16GB(2x8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 MHz, CL14

(depending on the motherboard)

Other components that I'm gonna get for sure:

• MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GT OC

• Intel Core i5-6600 (Boxed, LGA 1151 Skylake)

• Western Digital Blue 1 TB (3,5" SATA 3.0)

• ASUS DRW-24F1ST (DVD/RW)

• TP-Link TL-WN881ND (PCIe)

• SilentiumPC Regnum RG1W Pure Black (ATX)       or       BitFenix Nova, ATX

Leave your suggestions from the list or other choice and Thank you so much!!

If looks are important, the MSI B150 PC MateGigabyte GA-z170-GAMING k3-EU, and the MSI  MSI Z170A PC MATE all look good, almost all Kingston RAM is good, but go for the cheaper kit, they will perform almost identically. I have never heard of SilentiumPC, so I would look at the BitFenix Nova, also I would throw in an SSD maybe from Kingston, OCZ, or A-Data

MSI Z170-A is my most recommended out of the selection. I love this motherboard I have many experiences with all of them and the Z170-A is my favorite one out of all of the selection. 

Seasonic is not a popular company and Cooler Master is definitely KNOWN  well for PSU's. 20W shouldn't make a difference show I suggest the Cooler Master 600W

Kingston 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 MHz if you clock the ram to this speed, it'll definietly be better than the 2133 speed. *common sense*

Now if you are not going to clock your ram. It'll default go to 2133 because the speed the CPU sets it to. 

Word.

PSU: seasonic all the way or get an EVGA Bronze series, either is good quality.

RAM: doesnt really matter all that much, get whatever looks good and is cheap, the 2666 ram might be a few bucks more than the 2133 and the performance is negligible

MB: none are good options, z170 if you are looking to upgrade later, H110 if not.

Get the ASUS pro gamer, ASROCK extreme series or Pro series, MSI Carbon, or go for a cheapo Gigabyte h110 or an asus board.

MSI's PC Mates are known to be of lower quality btw

5 minutes ago, MattProtatoFry said:

Seasonic is not a popular company and Cooler Master is definitely KNOWN  well for PSU's. 20W shouldn't make a difference show I suggest the Cooler 

tumblr_inline_nnw6g6tNU61r2yao7_500.gif

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

13 minutes ago, MattProtatoFry said:

Seasonic is not a popular company and Cooler Master is definitely KNOWN  well for PSU's. 20W shouldn't make a difference show I suggest the Cooler Master 600W

Are you drunk?

CM has not one PSU that qualifies as a great power supply. You're doing the whole "they're good because they're popular". They're not.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

28 minutes ago, Jaasscha said:

Hey, I need help with these 2-3 components!

Motherboard: Budget (around 90-120 € or USD) 1151 socket MO suitable for gaming. Doesn't have to have sli or overclocking abilities.

My suggestions:

MSI B150 PC Mate, LGA1151

Gigabyte GA-Z170-GAMING K3-EU

MSI B150 GAMING M3

MSI Z170A PC Mate, ATX

AsRock B150 Pro4/3.1, ATX

PSU:

Cooler Master 600W B-series V2 ATX

Seasonic 620W M12II-620 Evo

RAM:  Either

Kingston 16GB(2x8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 MHz, CL15

or

Kingston 16GB(2x8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 MHz, CL14

(depending on the motherboard)

Other components that I'm gonna get for sure:

• Western Digital Blue 1 TB (3,5" SATA 3.0)

• SilentiumPC Regnum RG1W Pure Black (ATX)       or       BitFenix Nova, ATX

Leave your suggestions from the list or other choice and Thank you so much!!

For my small PC business we've built systems by and large with Asrock and Asus boards these days, so I'd probably recommend the B150. MSI support is pretty good though from what I understand from people who've had to return their motherboards while Asrock and Asus are both abysmal. To be honest, as long as any of the above boards have the features and come in a color you want then it'll be fine.

The Seasonic is objectively better.

RAM speed doesn't matter when you have a discrete GPU which you do as you plan to get the 1060. Spending even less on memory might work for you as well.

For the "other things" list -

• Have you considered using Powerline adapters rather than wireless?
  • Do you really need an optical drive? Windows can be installed via a flash drive these days, just so you know.
  • Are you not going to get an SSD for this frankly pretty darn good system?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

IDK about you but I find it funny where he uses caps as it was a Vine video to give more emphasis, kinda missing underline, red circle and a check mark

IK, I'm a bad person atm...

But they're KNOWN to be good man!

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Going with what been said on the top list.

Go with MSI B150 GAMING M3 if you are going to game on it mostly.

Go with Kingston 16GB(2x8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 2133 MHz, CL14  ram.

Go the Seasonic 620W M12II-620 Evo.

You should be good with rest of the parts you have picked on your list.  

Ayy, thanks for the input. Daamn, u posting so fast I don't nearly have time to reply, haha :D but that's good!

-Seems like the majority is leaning towards the 

MSI Z170A PC Mate, ATX

-And I should get the seasonic PSU

-Don't really have to worry about the ram but get the 2666 Mhz if nearly the same price.

And yeah, the initial post is what it is, I wrote it crazy clean at the first time and then the site failed on me and I had to write it all over again and rushed it through... :D Aand back to the point: Gotta think about the portable DVD thing, don't know about the powerline adapters but gonna look into it, I need the dvd-reader for my brother's old games such as doom3 etc that i have laying around and could't play because of my shitty laptop which I'm using now... D: Yeah about the ssd, I don't really see any reason for it and me and my friend were wondering why people are actually getting it. So that the OS is installed there and runs more smoothly, for gaming?

Thanks again and I probably missed a lot of things here but wanted to give a quick update for you! :D gonna dive into the posts again now ---> :D

10 minutes ago, Jaasscha said:

eah about the ssd, I don't really see any reason for it and me and my friend were wondering why people are actually getting it. So that the OS is installed there and runs more smoothly, for gaming?

Thanks again and I probably missed a lot of things here but wanted to give a quick update for you! :D gonna dive into the posts again now ---> :D

The entire OS is a hell of a lot snappier and you never have to defragment it. Trust me, absolutely worth the time to get at least a 120GB SSD for your OS and then putting the games and stuff that takes up lots of storage on a hard drive where speed isn't that important.

Wow, from a quick web-search that powerline-adapter seems really cool and good option! But it's a little more expensive option too. Currently we have a wireless usb modem which only gives wireless internet or can be blugged in your pc via a usb. I have been trying to get our family to upgrade to something better though... D: But I think i gotta go with the TP-Link TL-WN881ND (PCIe) for now since it seems like it's not compatible option with our internet situation right now... Actually can't really tell from that quick search but seems like it... :D 

Now I really gotta consider about that ssd... Haha :D I have never had any experience with ssd so I aint sure what to expect but gets really tempting the way u put it :D 

But yeah, thanks for everyone for giving responses, cleared a lot of things for me. This being my first build and first touch to pc-building I have been searching info like crazy the past week but still in the learning process! :D This forum will be very handy when I will be ultimately deciding and ordering the parts! Now imma go to sleep since it 2am and I have been looking for parts for straight 4 hours... :D Cheers!

4 hours ago, MattProtatoFry said:

Seasonic is not a popular company and Cooler Master is definitely KNOWN  well for PSU's.

BeneficialDopeyKrill.gif

One day, you'll look back and see how wrong you were.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Hey, I think Imma go with these:

• Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2 x 8 GB (DDR4, 2133 MHz, CL14)

• Kingston HyperX FURY SSD 120 GB (2,5" SATA 3.0)

• Seasonic S12II-520 (80Plus Bronze)

• MSI B150M Mortar matx

• SilentiumPC Regnum RG1W Pure Black (ATX)

• plus I have a 500gb 2.5 hdd laying around which I'm gonna use.