Motherboard is not turning on

Kikothebadluckguy

Hello,

So I just built my PC and when I was finished building it and tried to turn it on for the 1st time, it did not turn on. The motherboard did not light up. I checked all the cables and unplugged them and plugged them back in but did not have any effect. My motherboard model is MSI Z170A Gaming Pro and the other components are: MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G, Kingston HyperX Fury 4x8GB (32GB), 2TB 3.5 HDD, 250GB SSD, Corsair H110i GTX Water-cooler and the case Corsair 750D.

Please help me.

Thank You,

Kiko

You have your main 24 pin and your 8 pin CPU cables connected, right?

Could be a defective mobo or power supply. Does your mobo have lights on it to indicate it's on? Have any of these components ever worked?

Yes I have those connected, the lights do not turn on. I dont know if any of the components work because there is no power being supplied to the motherboard.

Is the switch on the back of the PSU on?

My Build: Night Fury | i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz | R9 390 | 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB Seagate | H230 Black

Night Theme User

Hello Fellow Night Theme User | Why Aren't You Using Night Theme?

Just now, Kikothebadluckguy said:

Yes it is turned on.

And plugged in? That's happened before...

My Build: Night Fury | i5-6600k @ 4.5Ghz | R9 390 | 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB Seagate | H230 Black

Night Theme User

Hello Fellow Night Theme User | Why Aren't You Using Night Theme?

Yes everything is plugged in. It has never happened before as I've built a PC before.

Tried another power lead to the PSU?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

try to hold the power button for longer not just 1 push /my old pc powers on just like that idk why..../ then if this doesnt work since u already had pcs just get whatever power supply even if its funny wats remove the GPU and just try to power on the cpu + mb with it  - if that doesnt do nothing then its a bad mb

also try to press the pins with something metalic - who knows maybe the case button doesnt work xD

4 minutes ago, Kikothebadluckguy said:

Yeah that didnt work.

Are you sure you connected the power button on the right connector and the correct rotation?

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

1 minute ago, SkixAces said:

Are you sure you connected the power button on the right connector and the correct rotation?

This, even if you are dead certain, go and have a break, come back and have a look and do it again. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

3 minutes ago, Kikothebadluckguy said:

Yes I double-checked it and power connector is connected properly.

Have you verified that the PSU is good?