i5 6600K or i7 6700

Ok here's the system I have. FX 8350 and an R9 290X. I game on Ultra settings with games like GTA 5 and The Witcher 3. My system handles the games fine but I'm doing Let's Plays on both of these games as well as the first Witcher. I'm recording with OBS at 1080p60, running audacity and a webcam. That's when I start to see lag is when I'm recording. I'm also going to be buying a GTX 1070. Is the i5 6600k enough overkill to get me by where I can do the same thing with no lag or do I need to step to the i7 to get all this done. I want over kill but still want to save money where I can. But since I have to buy a cpu cooler with the i5 6600k that would probably put the price close to the i7 at that point. Not sure what to do. Advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I've been using AMD my whole life so only recently have I even started considering Intel. So I'm basically an Intel/Nvidia noob.

I'll give you the same advice I've given in the other topic: wait. Sure, the FX isn't the best thing ever. But if I was you, I'd live with it a while longer and wait for Zen / Kaby.

If you REALLY can't take it anymore, though, I guess you better go for the i7. Upgrade that before the GPU, sell your old platform (and 290x) and then get the 1070.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

I'll give you the same advice I've given in the other topic: wait. Sure, the FX isn't the best thing ever. But if I was you, I'd live with it a while longer and wait for Zen / Kaby.

If you REALLY can't take it anymore, though, I guess you better go for the i7. Upgrade that before the GPU, sell your old platform (and 290x) and then get the 1070.

This man knows what he is talking about. Trust him.

If you overclock your FX youll get more out of it. I find that an OC'd FX will boost you a couple FPS when multitasking. 

Do you even fanboy bro?

We are probably 6 months away from Kaby Lake, 6-9 months away from Zen, 6700 or 6700k either one would be nice... personally I'd find a way to come up with another 100 for a 6700k or at least if you get the 6700 get a Z170 board so you can swap in a Kaby Lake cpu which should work on that board even though it won't be the latest chipset (they are supposed to be backwards compatible) because that will leave you the choice to get a K sku Kaby Lake without having to get a new board in the future for the one time investment of an extra $20-40 when you are picking out motherboards.... if you can be patient for 6 months then that opens up a whole new realm of choices as well. Personally I'm waiting on Kaby Lake after the disappointment of the 6950X.

I never over clock so the extra expense of the k series is sort of a wasted expense. I know the Zen is supposed to come out but I'm not waiting for what might or might not be a great cpu. I'd rather buy what is already a great cpu. I've lost all faith in AMD. So basically for what I'm doing the 6700 would be the better option. Thanks. 

You also could get some dual or tri fan radiator then OC the living hell out of your 8350, if you can get that to like 4.4GHz or some high clock speed without frying the CPU socket and catching your house on fire, do that and just save the cash. I expect that the release of Zen and other new CPU's will give a temporary price drop on a lot of i7's that aren't selling at all

Rig: AMD A8-6600K (Hand-me down from my father, it was free)

Some MSI motherboard with like 2 fan headers... it sucks Kappa

AMD FXF R7 360 (OC'd to 1200MHz)

Some case I don't know anything about.

Generic Cooler Master 500w PSU

Get Clem!

Nah. Way more trouble than it's worth lol. I could just spend the money and have a nice rig.