opinion on blue yeti and the logitech c920 webcam

i uploaded my first video on youtube and it went really well with over 13 000 views. im thinking of making it a thing. so i need to get the best image and audio i can get. so what do you guys think of the blue yet and the c920?? any other recommendations ? any tips and tricks ? i know how to operate OBS so that i record directly (like a twitch stream style) video and upload it to youtube. also, should i plug the blue yeti in the usb 3.0 or 2.0 and why ?

thank you for any help.

I can't say anything bad about the blue yeti itself. It doesn't matter if it is plugged in to USB 3 or 2.

The connection on the mic is a USB 2.0 mini B connector btw

I'm not knowledgeable at all about mics, but the C920 is a great product.

C920 is the most popular webcam out, so it'll do you fine. And the blue yet is rather sensitive and will pick up most things around you unless its rather close to the mouth with the gain turned down. You could also opt for the Audio Technica AT2020 USB,聽Id pick it up聽if I had to choose.聽

Just now, kol said:

C920 is the most popular webcam out, so it'll do you fine. And the blue yet is rather sensitive and will pick up most things around you unless its rather close to the mouth with the gain turned down. You could also opt for the Audio Technica AT2020 USB,聽Id pick it up聽if I had to choose.聽

but the at2020 isnt a usb mic, i'll need an audio interface. which is what im trying not to do haha :)

1 minute ago, fiff said:

but the at2020 isnt a usb mic, i'll need an audio interface. which is what im trying not to do haha :)

There's two versions. The Yeti is currently 拢30 cheaper than the AT2020 USB on Amazon.co.uk but I'd still choose it over the yeti.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Technica-AT2020USB-PLUS-USB-Microphone/dp/B00B5ZX9FM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470093901&sr=8-1&keywords=at2020+usb

Just now, kol said:

oh i never knew... my bad sorry. so you'd pick the at2020 over the blue yeti just because the blue yeti picks up everything ? or is the sound quality of the at2020 better in general ?

Just now, fiff said:

oh i never knew... my bad sorry. so you'd pick the at2020 over the blue yeti just because the blue yeti picks up everything ? or is the sound quality of the at2020 better in general ?

Well I think it's a better microphone overall, it's smaller, lighter and won't get in the way as much. You also won't need certain shock mounts or addons from Blue to fit the AT2020 as most shock mounts and other items will do the job fine unlike the Yeti.聽Both will do a superb job for your situation so whichever you like the look and sound of, go for.

Might get the Logitech C920 webcam. Seems good. I am also hunting for a good mic myself as I find a headset mic to be inadequate.

12 hours ago, Milliardo said:

Might get the Logitech C920 webcam. Seems good. I am also hunting for a good mic myself as I find a headset mic to be inadequate.

true, my headset is the hyperx cloud 1. it has a very decent mic for teamspeak and skype but for youtube or twitch, it doesnt do a great job

I have been using the Yeti for a while and the only bad thing about it, is that its sometimes too good (picks ups everything) and that the shock mount is not the best quality in the world. I cant have my Yeti hanging from it, since the screw that keeps it in place, is just enough to hold it in place from side ways motion.

So as long as that is not an issue, so will it be a good mic that dont require you to sit right in front of it.

Also the C920 is a good webcam, but only if you use the program to calibrate it. It does not do a good job on its own.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

17 hours ago, Milliardo said:

5 hours ago, fiff said:

true, my headset is the hyperx cloud 1. it has a very decent mic for teamspeak and skype but for youtube or twitch, it doesnt do a great job

If you're in a region where amazon.co.uk can ship to you, the Blue Nessie is on offer for 拢40.

really good webcam and meh mic, I would pic the 2020 usb version over it.

Before you buy amp and dac.聽聽My thoughts on the M50xUltimate Ears Reference monitor reviewI might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs: 聽K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP:聽RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop:聽R7 1700, GTX 1080 聽RX 580 8GB聽and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.