Which GTX 960 To Get?

DragonSlayer 159

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a GTX 960 for my gaming rig. The problem is, I don't know which one to get. I have a blue and black color scheme with my build. Can you guys send me links to the cards you would recommend. Make sure that you are looking on amazon.de, and my budget is around 200-240 euros. Thanks in advance!

Don't get a 960...

Get an rx 480 or a 1060.

Whatever you can grab, both cards suffer from supply issues but with a bit of luck you can get one.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 hour ago, Mr_IICaTz said:

STRIXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The strix is red and black , I need it to be blue and black

Just now, DragonSlayer 159 said:

The strix is red and black , I need it to be blue and black

my bad I don't read :3

1 minute ago, DragonSlayer 159 said:

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a GTX 960 for my gaming rig. The problem is, I don't know which one to get. I have a blue and black color scheme with my build. Can you guys send me links to the cards you would recommend. Make sure that you are looking on amazon.de, and my budget is around 200-240 euros. Thanks in advance!

Can't you find a cheap used Gtx 970 for that price? It'll do better than a 960.

But anyway, if oyu are willing to get from somewhere other than amazon: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/CDqbt6/xfx-video-card-r9380x4db5

Otherwise, http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/DJM323/xfx-video-card-r9380x4df5

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Get the 1060 version.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

1 hour ago, refinedskillz said:

Get the 1060 version.

yea, find me a gtx 1060 under 250 bucks in germany

yea, find me a gtx 1060 under 250 bucks in germany

Actually get a 970.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

1 hour ago, Imakuni said:

Can't you find a cheap used Gtx 970 for that price? It'll do better than a 960.

But anyway, if oyu are willing to get from somewhere other than amazon: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/CDqbt6/xfx-video-card-r9380x4db5

Otherwise, http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/DJM323/xfx-video-card-r9380x4df5

I really want an Nvidia card because of shadowplay and the lower tdp, and I don't want to buy a used graphics card. I don't really trust it.

3 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Much better value with longevity and it also matches to your color sceme.

RIG: Intel Core2 Q8200, Sapphire HD 6670 1GB ddr3, Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L, Kingston Value 2x2GB, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 320GB , 250 Watts of shit, Win7 Ult x64, Unknown shit case.

1 hour ago, mekanikku said:

Much better value with longevity and it also matches to your color sceme.

I don't want to wait 1-2 months for that card to dispatch according to amazon. I've also heard that that card is a bit loud

2 minutes ago, DragonSlayer 159 said:

I really want an Nvidia card because of shadowplay and the lower tdp, and I don't want to buy a used graphics card. I don't really trust it.

Urgh...... Shadowplay.

You know, there's a reason why people usually go with OBS.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 hour ago, Imakuni said:

Urgh...... Shadowplay.

You know, there's a reason why people usually go with OBS.

yea, its a personal opinion mate, i like shadowplay better

4 minutes ago, DragonSlayer 159 said:

Shadowplay is only good for recording benchmarks. If you plan on using it for Youtube gameplay it is just a bad idea. 

1 minute ago, DragonSlayer 159 said:

I don't want to wait 1-2 months for that card to dispatch according to amazon. I've also heard that that card is a bit loud

Get Sapphire R9 380 or Zotac 960 or used 390/970. But I recommend AMD for value and longevity.

RIG: Intel Core2 Q8200, Sapphire HD 6670 1GB ddr3, Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L, Kingston Value 2x2GB, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 320GB , 250 Watts of shit, Win7 Ult x64, Unknown shit case.

1 hour ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Shadowplay is only good for recording benchmarks. If you plan on using it for Youtube gameplay it is just a bad idea. 

Why?

Prices on older graphics cards are crazy low on craigslist and such where I live... especially 600 and 700 series GPU's from Nvidia. Maybe try looking there? I picked up a reference GTX 780 with a backplate for $135 recently!

Want to build yourself a NAS? Check here!

1 minute ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Why?

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

1 hour ago, mekanikku said:

Get Sapphire R9 380 or Zotac 960 or used 390/970. But I recommend AMD for value and longevity.

Is a 380 better than a 960, also, will it run on a 550w psu?

1 hour ago, Blucyrik said:

Prices on older graphics cards are crazy low on craigslist and such where I live... especially 600 and 700 serries GPU's from Nvidia. Maybe try looking there? I picked up a reference GTX 780 with a backplate for $135 recently!

Bro, im living in germany

Is a 380 better than a 960, also, will it run on a 550w psu?

Significantly better (here) and 550W is enough.