Should I sell my PS4?

I was 13 when I bought my PS4, I was a kid back then and did know much about computers and now I am almost 17 and I took a high school course called "A+ Computer Cert" where I learnt about PCs, servers, networking and all that good stuff, now I want a PC, I barely played my PS4 anyway, I only own 2 games - Minecraft and Last of Us (I didn't buy), I think 60 dollars for a game is too much, PC games on some sites go for much less and I don't have to pay for Online gaming, so how much should I sell my PS4 for with orginalbox, 2 games minecraft and last of us and kontrolfreaks for? I have 200 bucks (USD) and with the money I get from sellin that and addin a little more in I want a build a PC, but should I sell my PS4?

Yes.

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

I don't think the amount you could get for selling a used one would outweigh the price of having a console that can run exclusive titles and play Blu-Ray content. If you sold a used one for $250 then I would say that was too low. But if someone's paying $300+ for it then it might be alright.

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

sell it, then save untill you have at least $800 to buy a gaming pc 

Yup, not gonna buy a 750ti

no. persona 5 is almost here.

ps: 17 is still a kid

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

14 minutes ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

no. persona 5 is almost here.

ps: 17 is still a kid

Sole reason why I keep my PS4 eating dust but absolutely refusing to sell it

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

12 minutes ago, GarnetDevil said:

Sole reason why I keep my PS4 eating dust but absolutely refusing to sell it

I bought it because mostly that and Psycho pass  And project diva x and ofc steins gate 

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

6 minutes ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

I bought it because mostly that and Psycho pass  And project diva x and ofc steins gate 

I thought I'd get some good JRPG and visual novels if I patiently wait a bit longer

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

The only reason I could see for selling a PS4 now would be to get a higher value than if you wait for PS 4.5 or Neo or whatever they're calling it to come out. Then, using said money to buy a Neo. Honestly, there are enough first and second party Sony games to justify hanging on to that PS4 if you at all like games. As for $60, that's how much PC games cost too. Just like Steam sales, PSN has sales where games are considerably cheaper so the old argument for PC games being cheaper just isn't true anymore.

Generally it isn't a good idea to sell hardware; what you get for used hardware is almost always a small fraction of what you paid, so unless money is extremely tight, it isn't going to be worth it. This is the first console generation I can agree, though, that selling current hardware may be worthwhile because these new .5 systems that are coming out really do make the current systems obsolete and useless, even looking at gaming historically. With 100% backwards compatibility you won't lose your PS4 library if you choose to buy a Neo and sell your current PS4, something that hasn't been true since PS2.

That being said, by all means do what you want. If you really have no interest in Horizon, God of War or any number of games coming out then feel free to sell it and go PC exclusively. In my opinion, you already have the machine, just keep it. Save up your money for another month or two to make up the difference for what modest amount you'd get for your PS4 and just build/buy your PC then. Just because many of us prefer PC gaming doesn't mean we should always have the blinders on. The truth is Sony has done a pretty great job with the PS4, and the best games are yet to come. They've made console games just as cheap as PC games during sales, and while I'll always by my multiplat stuff on PC, the exclusive catalogue is still strong enough to warrant having a PlayStation. Uncharted 4 is by far and away the best games I've played all year and if just had my PC I wouldn't be able to experience it. Be a fan of games, not platforms. :)