$500 mini gaming desktop advice/help

logan

I am wanting to build a transportable/mini/gaming desktop that i can put in a backbag....probably won't fit though... that i can take to a friends house to game

~budget is $475 (windows equaling $25 for total of $500)
~games being played will be anything from: LOL, dead by daylight, rainbow six siege, gta v online, garry's mod, other misc online games
~I have built a pc before...but it had a excess amount of room ...so this will be quite different
~i only trust newegg as a buying source (yes i know i wont be getting super cheap or decent prices)
~please tell me if this is good....or if i picked out complete trash..please note before you call me vulgar names that i am literally retarded and have probably made a stupid decision

Capture.PNG

THAT MOMENT YOU DISASSEMBLE YOUR COMPUTER....AND REASSEMBLE IT ....JUST SO SENPAI WILL NOTICE YOU

Just now, Wedsea040 said:

Have you thought about using an AMD GPU so you can use dual graphics and have a little bit more graphical power?

What is this Dual graphics you speak of?

THAT MOMENT YOU DISASSEMBLE YOUR COMPUTER....AND REASSEMBLE IT ....JUST SO SENPAI WILL NOTICE YOU

I have a system almost identical to what you're planning on, and use it for the exact same things as you will be. 

Only differences are that I still have a god awful 750ti and it has an SSD. System runs super good and havent had any issues with it.

Though, its still a little bulky, and will weigh a decent amount. Definitely wont fit in a backpack, and even if you got it in one, it would wreck your back.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

If you could spare the extra $7, you could get a much more powerful Intel i3. You won't need the APU since you already have a dedicated GPU:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($125.98 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($69.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($32.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($27.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($65.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $482.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-31 21:18 EDT-0400

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

If you could spare the extra $7, you could get a much more powerful Intel i3. You won't need the APU since you already have a dedicated GPU:

Motherboard: ASRock H110M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($69.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($32.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($65.98 @ Newegg) 

I think you forgot that it's 2016.

AMD quad core > Intel dual core

You NEED 4 cores in 2016, I don't care what you say.

Just now, AwesomeAustin226 said:

The four threads will act as cores. Calm down.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I have a system almost identical to what you're planning on, and use it for the exact same things as you will be. 

Only differences are that I still have a god awful 750ti and it has an SSD. System runs super good and havent had any issues with it.

Though, its still a little bulky, and will weigh a decent amount. Definitely wont fit in a backpack, and even if you got it in one, it would wreck your back.

ok, thank you...is it much of a hassle to carry you're system around?? like...with monitor and keyboard...etc?

3 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

Pairing an R7 250 with your A10 APU would probably allow you to get better performance for less, as the R7 250 and the GTX 950 are already almost the same performance wise, without the boost from the AMD APU GPU.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-R7-250-vs-GeForce-GTX-950

thank you for informing me of this dual graphics...im looking in to it

3 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

i would prefer to have at least 4 cores for gaming, thanks for the suggestion tho bro

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

The four threads will act as cores. Calm down.

Yes, although the overall performance of the i3 is better, when a game comes along that requires 4 cores the 6300 will run them, but the i3 wouldn't. Some games already don't work well at all on dual cores, and I think a world where every game straight up requires 4 cores isn't that far away.

I don't want to progress this any further, however.

Just now, byalexandr said:

Elite 130 is gigantic. I recommend the SG13 instead,

is that quite a bit smaller then the 130? enough to where i would need to change my selected parts?

6 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin226 said:

LOL except i3 is a quad core from the point of view of software.

So your claims that games will work bad on the i3 are based on a false assumption

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, logan said:

is that quite a bit smaller then the 130? enough to where i would need to change my selected parts?

No it will fit all of those parts no problem.

5 minutes ago, logan said:

ok, thank you...is it much of a hassle to carry you're system around?? like...with monitor and keyboard...etc?

With peripherals youll be pretty overwhelmed.. You'll probably want to use a tupperware bin or something to carry everything and protect it in transport. 

*- Just last night I almost lost the system cause it was raining and had nothing to cover it up while running to my vehicle 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, byalexandr said:

No it will fit all of those parts no problem.

im seeing a SG13B and a SG13B-Q....which one do you suggest....does the Q just mean Quiet?

4 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin226 said:

Yes, although the overall performance of the i3 is better, when a game comes along that requires 4 cores the 6300 will run them, but the i3 wouldn't. Some games already don't work well at all on dual cores, and I think a world where every game straight up requires 4 cores isn't that far away.

I don't want to progress this any further, however.

Like I said, the four threads of the i3 will act as cores. Name me a game that doesn't run on an i3.

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, logan said:

i would prefer to have at least 4 cores for gaming, thanks for the suggestion tho bro

Look at the video above. The i3's four threads will act as individual cores and is overall the better choice over that APU.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Like I said, the four threads of the i3 will act as cores. Name me a game that doesn't run on an i3.

Farcry 4, CUZ bad programming and hardware calls!

Edit: Forgot to say just kidding about not running. Serious about bad programming.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

Look at the video above. The i3's four threads will act as individual cores and is overall the better choice over that APU.

my motherboard i have chosen isn't compativle with intel cpu's...or at least the socket...it's only compatible with FM2 and FM2+

1 minute ago, logan said:

my motherboard i have chosen isn't compativle with intel cpu's...or at least the socket...it's only compatible with FM2 and FM2+

So why not get a different motherboard that supports it? It's not like you already have it.

Spoiler

Just now, logan said:

Yoeu can just change the motherboard

Either way a 7700K is a bad choice since there's an Athlon X4 880K for $80

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Yoeu can just change the motherboard

Either way a 7700K is a bad choice since there's an Athlon X4 880K for $80

3 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

So why not get a different motherboard that supports it? It's not like you already have it.

i removed a motherboard so i can choose a cpu first, and here are my choices 

Capture.PNG

8 minutes ago, logan said:

i removed a motherboard so i can choose a cpu first, and here are my choices 

Just edit this list. The i3 6100 is the best choice for this sort of budget: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kyYzNN

Spoiler

Just now, logan said:

so this looks good....or fine.?

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/qNRb8K

That looks fine.

Spoiler