Nvidia's "Tier 0" Program Is Behind The Origin PC Debacle.

oh hey! Look, ANOTHER source calling BS on the supposed "scandal"

http://www.eteknix.com/nvidia-origin-pc-bribery-dealings/

Devin Connors: Has Origin PC received any incentive, cash or otherwise, from Nvidia that led to the discontinuation of AMD GPU sales by Origin PC?

Kevin Wasielewski: No. In fact, I called my NVIDIA rep and told them I am dropping AMD. Not the other way around.

DC: Did SemiAccurate reach out to you for comment before they published their article today?

KW: They did not reach out to me. No calls, emails, or tweets.

literally blows my mind how thick headed kids here are

Yeah most people seem to be confused about latency vs frequency when it comes to RAM and it's easy to assume that a higher number always means higher latency. But now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Thanks, I've been keeping up on you twos talk back and forth, and it was really educational. I know have more knowledge. Mwahahaha. :P

oh hey! Look, ANOTHER source calling BS on the supposed "scandal"

http://www.eteknix.com/nvidia-origin-pc-bribery-dealings/

literally blows my mind how thick headed kids here are

Nice find! I really like that straight to the point. It is shocking that people are putting so much stock in a single article that by all accounts (That I could find) no one that actually has credibility wants to really touch with a ten foot pole.  Like I can't find a single article besides semiaccurate. (Though he spread it around quite a bit).

If you notice, all of these "articles" that are pointing out this Origin/Nvidia conspiracy are coming from only one site. A site that has as much credibility as a used car salesman. Any respectable forum would not have sites like semiaccurate and wccftech as sources so I would wholeheartedly suggest we stop supporting sites who say outlandish things, post sensationalist titles, and generate as much garbage as they can to keep that rumor mill spinning as it's their incentive to do so.

Brand loyalty is just getting out of hand, as an Nvidia customer I will be making my voice clear in saying that I won't stand for crap like this by going with AMD for my next card, it's not as if Nvidia is providing anything worth-while now anyway, they make you pay a pretty penny for their cards to go out and spend marketing money on this crap, bye bye Nvidia and see you never.

To all of you out there screaming there is no evidence & calling Charlie a sell-out, well you better call Linus a sell out too, because he believes it happened & heard things from inside-sources too.

@1:31:19

http://www.twitch.tv/linustech/b/469384138

Charlie has been caught lying and making things up a ton of times in the past, so nobody should trust him blindly. Now that Linus has said it it is a bit more believable, but we still have no evidence, Linus asked not to be cited (which is what you are doing right now even though he asked not to), and he said his sources just said it was rumors, and Linus used the word "illegible" and other words like that quite a lot of times when talking about it.

I believe in innocent until proven guilty, so until we get hard evidence (not just "I have a secret source which said there is a rumor that Nvidia is doing this") I'll be on the fence.

You are completely missing my point I made before though. My points are that Charlie has been wrong so many times in the past, and is known for hating Nvidia so using him a single source, when he can't even show is own source, is a terrible idea. He is extremely unreliable. That doesn't mean he is always wrong, but he is very often wrong.

Using a single source for something in general is a bad idea, because it's simply not trustworthy. I am going to assume you are in or below high school, correct? Criticizing sources is a very important part of higher education so you'll probably learn that later. Using unreliable sources will probably give you an F on your essays.

Charlie has been caught lying and making things up a ton of times in the past, so nobody should trust him blindly. Now that Linus has said it it is a bit more believable, but we still have no evidence, Linus asked not to be cited (which is what you are doing right now even though he asked not to), and he said his sources just said it was rumors, and Linus used the word "illegible" and other words like that quite a lot of times when talking about it.

That's total bullcrap, stop your semiaccurate smear campaign in defense of Nvidia, it's getting ridiculous.

Charlie has never made anything up, you can defend Nvidia all you want, but attacking the journalist because he did his job is very nefarious.

You guys realize that we need AMD and nVidia? If one of them is complete crap the other one will withhold their stuff. Look what's happening in the CPU space? If AMD was making better CPU's Intel would drop its prices  and they would give us more than 10% performance and 30% power  efficiency in their newest CPU. Good competition means that products are cheaper and better. As for the Origin story, this is really ugly, I really agree with Linus, its not professional to talk crap about a company , but it's fine to say that you think that Intel or nVidia is better. ( in the professional world ). But these things happen in the business world, is it ugly? :yes is it new? : hell no!. Never be a FAN boy, makes you end up with  bad hardware, be an enthusiast buy what's better.  

"Play the course as you find it. Play the Ball as it lies. And if you can't do either, do what's fair."

Charlie has never made anything up, you can defend Nvidia all you want, but attacking the journalist because he did his job is very nefarious.

Ahaha are you for real? Have you followed his articles for the last few years? Check the previous page for a ton of times Charlies has made very bold statements (Apple dropping Intel, he thought you could flash a 680 to a 770, Apple changing to AMD GPUs which didn't happen, the GT300 having under 2% yields, saying Nvidia would abandon the mid and high end market, as well as a ton of other things like his lack of understanding for XDR).

He makes stuff up all the time but people quickly forget all the inaccurate claims he makes. I am not as much trying to defend Nvidia here as I am trying to make people realize Charlie is a terrible, terrible source. Again, more mature forums like Anandtech, HardForum, Guru3D and lots of other ones doesn't take him seriously at all. The only site I've seen recently which takes what he says seriously is LTT, probably because a lot of the people here are young/new and haven't followed Charlie for very long.

I think it's very sad that this forum's members have zero source criticism, as well as goes by the "guilty until proven innocent if I don't like the one being accused" mentality.

Trust me, I am not a fan of Nvidia, nor am I a fan of AMD. Just because I try to look at things objectively, and doesn't trust inane statements like "yeah I got a secret source which I won't give to anyone" doesn't mean I am biased. If you think trying to make people do research instead of blindly trusting a source known to be inaccurate is nefarious then sure I am that. Personally I don't think preaching the old "not everything on the Internet is true" saying is something heinous though.

To all of you out there screaming there is no evidence & calling Charlie a sell-out, well you better call Linus a sell out too, because he believes it happened & heard things from inside-sources too.

@1:31:19

http://www.twitch.tv/linustech/b/469384138

Someone didn't listen to what Linus said.

Rumors are still rumors, until you have proof what are you offering new besides rumors? There is no proof given. He didn't want to be cited. GG. Linus didn't really back anything up, if you noticed he didn't really say it was happening. 

Ahaha are you for real? Have you followed his articles for the last few years? Check the previous page for a ton of times Charlies has made very bold statements (Apple dropping Intel, he thought you could flash a 680 to a 770, Apple changing to AMD GPUs which didn't happen, the GT300 having under 2% yields, saying Nvidia would abandon the mid and high end market, as well as a ton of other things like his lack of understanding for XDR).

He makes stuff up all the time but people quickly forget all the inaccurate claims he makes. I am not as much trying to defend Nvidia here as I am trying to make people realize Charlie is a terrible, terrible source. Again, more mature forums like Anandtech, HardForum, Guru3D and lots of other ones doesn't take him seriously at all. The only site I've seen recently which takes what he says seriously is LTT, probably because a lot of the people here are young/new and haven't followed Charlie for very long.

I think it's very sad that this forum's members have zero source criticism, as well as goes by the "guilty until proven innocent if I don't like the one being accused" mentality.

Trust me, I am not a fan of Nvidia, nor am I a fan of AMD. Just because I try to look at things objectively, and doesn't trust inane statements like "yeah I got a secret source which I won't give to anyone" doesn't mean I am biased. If you think trying to make people do research instead of blindly trusting a source known to be inaccurate is nefarious then sure I am that. Personally I don't think preaching the old "not everything on the Internet is true" saying is something heinous though.

Are you for real & the people liking your post have no idea that what you're saying is completely wrong.

You COULD flash a 680 to a 770, as have been reported by many news outlets including tomshardware.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvidia-GTX-680-GTX-770-BIOS-Flash-Hack,22561.html

Apple DID ditch Nvidia for AMD .

http://www.creativeimpatience.com/apples-move-to-firepro-gpus-in-the-new-mac-pro/

He NEVER said Nvidia would abandon the high-end or mid-range market, he only said that Nvidia had delayed the large Maxwell chip (a.la GK110 replacement), so you're making this stuff up.

You have already been proven wrong, Nvidia did do the nasty thing that it did, accept it and move on, stop it attacking semiaccurate because you disagree with them, even Linus confirmed EVERYTHING Charlie said.

How is a forum post from a discredited member be considered evidence of anything about XDR memory, he even BLOCKS people who reply to his ridiculous post.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/63451-nvidias-tier-0-program-is-behind-the-origin-pc-debacle/page-3

Are you for real & the people liking your post have no idea that what you're saying is completely wrong.

You COULD flash a 680 to a 770, as have been reported by many news outlets including tomshardware.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvidia-GTX-680-GTX-770-BIOS-Flash-Hack,22561.html

Apple DID ditch Nvidia for AMD .

http://www.creativeimpatience.com/apples-move-to-firepro-gpus-in-the-new-mac-pro/

He NEVER said Nvidia would abandon the high-end or mid-range market, he only said that Nvidia had delayed the large Maxwell chip (a.la GK110 replacement), so you're making this stuff up.

You have already been proven wrong, Nvidia did do the nasty thing that it did, accept it and move on, stop it attacking semiaccurate because you disagree with them, even Linus confirmed EVERYTHING Charlie said.

How is a forum post from a discredited member be considered evidence of anything about XDR memory, he even BLOCKS people who reply to his ridiculous post.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/63451-nvidias-tier-0-program-is-behind-the-origin-pc-debacle/page-3

Someone quoting the article about flashing didn't do much research, oh the shock. Pssst, take a look at the comments and the article. Look, the modified file was by a user that changed the .ini file to reflect the name and upped the clocks. Jeez people, do a little more research! I could change the .ini file to read "I BELIEVE SILLY RUMORS" if I wanted to. 

Also show me proof that Nvidia did this Tier 0 business, and I'll believe you. And not rumors, rumors are good for causing drama. Me want facts.

Ditching normally means that you drop them completely. I don't think that is the case, is it? See how words mean a difference? (iMacs use the 780M for instance)

i love it when people strive for not taking sides  :lol:

but in my case...

i don't have that problem

i believe that Nvidia is guilty  ^_^

of "all"

why not ?  :D

and yes, i truly 100% "love" AMD

some people might call me a "fanboy"... but i have no idea why  :lol:

Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't. Linus pretty much summed up my thoughts regarding the timing and public comment from Origin about the situation.

I wouldn't but it past them. I mean, they decided to let the FCAT out of the bag at the right time too.

I'll sit on the fence for now. One website can't be considered valid evidence.

But it just seems so suspicious that Origin PC would abandon AMD just when the new AMD cards are about to launch, something just doesn't feel right in that regard.

LAwLZ is killing it rn, and what he says is very true. Rumors, conspiracies and those claims are never true without evidence. Now personally, I never knew who that Charlie was or what semiaccurate was. But really, let's go back to high school, when doing a essay, you need evidence and analysis. Having a secret source aka a scrub employee in a company is jack shit and that evidence cannot be trusted. I've been reading all these things about companies and their bullshit, like MSI with overvolting one of their GPUs, which meant better benchmarks. Now this is evidence. Looking at the actual voltage in a GPU monitoring software showing a higher voltage than what the manufacturer states is real evidence. AND they admitted it.

Going back to the actual topic, this really has nothing with Nvidia, but the media and us PCers are freaking out cuz a overcharging, "boutique", and exotic PC building company decides to drop AMD. Kevin simply states that he dropped them because of how shitty their support to them was. And what's the point of selling a product if no customer is buying it. Like any big company, they would drop it, as it is no use to them and they had a bad experience with them. Personally, I had and have a better experience with nVidia, as it is more simpler and more UI friendly.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I don't like where this is going, please stay on topic folks, this is NOT about Nvidia vs AMD or about the biography of Charlie Demerjian.

With respect, you are posting an article from someone whose controversial, and the article itself is controversial. If your intent is for us to take the article without debating the source of said article, evidence, and facts (Or lack there of) then why should any of us be on this forum?

No offense, but Charlie dug his hole with what he's written, what he has said, and that darn sure should be taken into consideration when determining how factual this article really is. 

Intel pulls the same shenanigans on AMD and that's been going on for years if not a decade. Get used to it, competitors bad mouth each other and feed bad intel (ha! used the word intel). Lest we not forget Microsoft under the table deals with vendors to get Windows installed on anything that has a CPU on it or the bloatware companies tag on for money to alleviate your pocketbook only to take it later.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.