Age Of Empires 2 HD!

Agons

Hey everyone I don't know what your childhood was like but for me it was AE2 for years! and now they are coming out with an HD remake next month!

I am super excited!!

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

Ehmagawd. Can't wait! Thanks for the heads up :D

Might pick it up in a steam sale but not at the current price.

now this is something epic, that too in epic hd

the only game i would love to play surround, sigh,

Already bought it.

Now waiting for a AoM and RoN version so hassle free compatibility with 64 bit, and I can finally put my Legacy Machine in storage.

Oh Wait Unreal 1-2 and UT99'

I hope it has an option to view old graphics, like Halo CEA. that'd be the best thing ever.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

• 3 weeks later...
Might pick it up in a steam sale but not at the current price.
lol wut???!?!? Arguably the most fun RTS of all time for $17.99?

Almost here. I just happen to have that week off of work :squishyfknface:

bought it the instant it went online. I had a tip from zeroempires about when it was going up. I just wonder how this'll effect AoFE... I'm designing the Sforza campaign that'll come in an update, and I wonder if we'll be able to port the .exe modding we had to do to AoEHD.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I can not wait!!!! This game more or less defined my childhood, great to see it being brought back.

Age of empires 2 was the reason I got into gaming. I still have the original CD with a 150 page manual explaining all the units and a laminated teach tree booklet. My weekends were all about playing AOE 2 on my dads pentium 3

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's childhood was defined by this game.

Amd Fx8150, Crosshair V Formula,  2X4gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz Memory, Msi 7950 twin frozr in Crossfire, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb ssd, 2tb WD Green, Corsair H100, Corsair 600T Chassis.

yep definitely buying it ! AoE 2 is my most played game ever !

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

I got really excited but it's a hard buy. The original is still really good HD or not, and single player will be the same I think. The multiplayer and workshop are really going to carry the rerelease.

i have the HD version and HD only means supports 1080p in age of empires the textures are same lol (the ones used in original Age of empires2)

still i fun to play

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I would really want a refund for this game, the game lags like hell (8-20) fps, the horses lags on their back feet for 2-3 seconds without moving, and the multi player mode have around 2-3 seconds lag, even my mate that has a pc with i7-3770k - HD7970 etc. lags, so it's not a pc problem, but a software problem, the devs does not respond to error messages and such.

I only bought this game for the multi player, and when that has gotten 2-3 seconds of lag, even though the ping says 20-25 ms. I get very angry, but they do not care about their customers :-(

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

I run it no problem. multiplayer lags, yes, but it's some input lsg going to the server. are you running win XP?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

• 3 weeks later...

I would really want a refund for this game, the game lags like hell (8-20) fps, the horses lags on their back feet for 2-3 seconds without moving, and the multi player mode have around 2-3 seconds lag, even my mate that has a pc with i7-3770k - HD7970 etc. lags, so it's not a pc problem, but a software problem, the devs does not respond to error messages and such. I only bought this game for the multi player, and when that has gotten 2-3 seconds of lag, even though the ping says 20-25 ms. I get very angry, but they do not care about their customers :-(

Seriously i have no trouble running the game, i have some or other AMD quad-core processor and a GTX 660Ti with 4GB of RAM and no problems.

Seriously i have no trouble running the game, i have some or other AMD quad-core processor and a GTX 660Ti with 4GB of RAM and no problems.

Same here, and I only have an i3 with an HD6870 and 8GB RAM xD.

Got it for an early birthday present, can't play it yet though because my steam account is restricted and I can't accept gifts :( But I can tomorrow.

I have had so much fun with this game. 

If you have trouble with getting booted on multiplayer or even laggy singleplayer

Verify your game files. even though it said it was all up to date i still downloaded about a <1Mb of data. It fixed most of the troubling issues i was having and i was able to play with decent frame rate.

It would be cool if they had a way for players who already own AOE2 to play the old versions with the new, or patch up to the HD version. Or something like that.

I know they probably most likely wouldnt do that... But I already own it T____T

They have now fixed the performance issue with a patch, but there's still about 3-4 seconds of lag in multi player, because they've not invested in any servers so it's p2p

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

next weeks pay I'll be picking up a copy of AOE2 hd .... would be good to have some matches against some others on the forum

Its all about those volumetric clouds