Windows vs Andriod... which should I get next?

Jerochy

Hey fellas,

I'm kinda in a predicament with my current phone and may want to upgrade. Basically, I have a tmobile plan with hotspotting, but when I bought this nokia lumia 920 unlocked and uncontracted over a year ago, I didn't realize at&t made it. When I went to tmobile, they said because at&t charges for hotspotting, I won't be able to hotspot unless I have a tmobileish phone. Also, I cracked the screen a bit ago and I got it for 150 so it's not too heart jerking to upgrade.

My only problem is, it seems like everyone is so biased when it comes to their phones. I had a iphone 4s as my first phone and it was alright, but way way way too expensive for what they give you. Then I got this nokia lumia 920 which I really liked. It was cheap, had 32gb of space, very clean home screen, ABLE TO PLAY YOUTUBE WITH SCREEN OFF, and great camera. The only thing is, and it kinda seems like a lot of windows phones are like this, it is littered with so many bugs. A. sometimes randomly drains battery overnight and it's dead. B. dumps you to the home screen ALOT when watching youtube vids. C. Rarely randomly restarts. D. Sometimes the lock screen is unresponsive when you go to unlock and you have to turn the screen off and back on quick to use it. 

Does android have similar problems? I'm thinking about getting an android next just to avoid some of these problems and the lack of apps, but I'm not sure. I really do like windows, but the bugs can be really a pain sometimes and this maybe a good time to part ways.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

I've used Android for years and it's honestly pretty mixed. Various companies like LG and Samsung tend to skin their own versions of Android so the actual feel of it varies from company to company, and sometimes carrier to carrier. I would try to find a near-stock Android phone like the Moto G or Nexus 6P, depending on your budget.

You could always try to be brave and flash CyanogenMod like me but I can't suggest that to most people :P

I've had both Android and iPhone in the past, and I have to recommend Android to you.  Currently I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.  It's the best phone I've used yet.  Many of the bugs in Android are fixed with Android Marshmallow (Current update of the OS).  In my experience if you are a techie you will like Android and it is compatible with almost everything.  Windows phones seem to me to have way too many bugs and not enough updates to fix them. 

So in my opinion, stick with Android.

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

5 minutes ago, Jerochy said:

Hey fellas,

I'm kinda in a predicament with my current phone and may want to upgrade. Basically, I have a tmobile plan with hotspotting, but when I bought this nokia lumia 920 unlocked and uncontracted over a year ago, I didn't realize at&t made it. When I went to tmobile, they said because at&t charges for hotspotting, I won't be able to hotspot unless I have a tmobileish phone. Also, I cracked the screen a bit ago and I got it for 150 so it's not too heart jerking to upgrade.

My only problem is, it seems like everyone is so biased when it comes to their phones. I had a iphone 4s as my first phone and it was alright, but way way way too expensive for what they give you. Then I got this nokia lumia 920 which I really liked. It was cheap, had 32gb of space, very clean home screen, ABLE TO PLAY YOUTUBE WITH SCREEN OFF, and great camera. The only thing is, and it kinda seems like a lot of windows phones are like this, it is littered with so many bugs. A. sometimes randomly drains battery overnight and it's dead. B. dumps you to the home screen ALOT when watching youtube vids. C. Rarely randomly restarts. D. Sometimes the lock screen is unresponsive when you go to unlock and you have to turn the screen off and back on quick to use it. 

Does android have similar problems? I'm thinking about getting an android next just to avoid some of these problems and the lack of apps, but I'm not sure. I really do like windows, but the bugs can be really a pain sometimes and this maybe a good time to part ways.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Up till now no problems for me. This one os my third Android. First a shit local QMobile a7(Google it). Then a moto g2. Then I borrowed this moto g1 from a friend to play around with.

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

4 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

I've used Android for years and it's honestly pretty mixed. Various companies like LG and Samsung tend to skin their own versions of Android so the actual feel of it varies from company to company, and sometimes carrier to carrier. I would try to find a near-stock Android phone like the Moto G or Nexus 6P, depending on your budget.

You could always try to be brave and flash CyanogenMod like me but I can't suggest that to most people :P

I'm thinking I wanna spend around $200. So I was thinkin the asus zenfone 2 but I'm not sure. I think I should at least give android a try though. Thanks for your input

4 minutes ago, Jerochy said:

I'm thinking I wanna spend around $200. So I was thinkin the asus zenfone 2 but I'm not sure. I think I should at least give android a try though. Thanks for your input

Moto g4

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

17 minutes ago, Jerochy said:

Do you mean $200 unlocked, or signing up for a contract with a carrier?

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

2 hours ago, ShadowDeity said:

Do you mean $200 unlocked, or signing up for a contract with a carrier?

Unlocked. I really don't need that crazy of a phone. In terms of windows, I was leaning towards the lumia 830, but if I'm going android I guess the moto g4 is looking good.