How would I do this and where would I start?

Xiauj

Before I get into the purpose of this topic, LTT-Staff/Mods - I apologize if this is in the wrong section!! Wasn't sure which one specifically, part of me thought it was "Programming" but then the other part of me thought it was "Console Gaming" :| If a Staff/Moderator could move it, I'd appreciate it.

Sup guys :) I was just curious about something. I have a few PS2 games from my childhood which I still love to this day and I was thinking about doing this as a big project which is this; If I wanted to like "remake" a game in the style of how it was originally made, how would I find out how it was made/coded and in what language and/or software? Also, when I say "remake" I don't mean directly-copying it, I mean making entirely different aspects/elements but in the same working style if that makes sense. So here's a few examples of what I mean and how would I find them:

• How would I find out:
    • How the combat system works?
    • Where the player/object/whatever can move to and from?
    • How objects and the scenes were made?
      • That includes the software, how would I find that..?
    • How UIs (User Interface(s)) were made
      • On the title screen, in-game and wherever/whenever else in the game at any time
    • Everything else, literally.
  • Aaand an important question especially is,
    • How would I figure out what coding language/software/whatever they used to make the game?

I have no absolutely some but not much knowledge about coding but I am hoping (In the next couple of years, maaaybe) to learn a particular coding language (or two...) but I don't know which one(s) as of yet to be honest.

If you're wondering which particular game I'm talking about, feel free to ask!

TLDR: How would I find out how they (The game producer/developer) made [SAID_PS2_GAME] from start to finish including the software(s), coding language and the rest and how would I go about wanting to create a very similar version xD

Thanks

~Xiauj ^_^

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

a good language to start with is python an after that maybe c++.

not sure if ps2 games are coded in machine language or c.in the case of machine laguage,what you ask is almost imposible because that is a super complex langguage.

in the case of c,just try to decompile the disk on your pc and look into the code with elipse ore something else. c is very simmelar to c++, but c is less efficient

21 minutes ago, RUWO_builder said:

not sure if ps2 games are coded in machine language or c.in the case of machine laguage,what you ask is almost imposible because that is a super complex langguage.

"Super complex" ..? Really? O.o Oh dang, looks like this Project is cancelled then :P

Are all PS2 games to exist coded in only ONE PARTICULAR language..?

turns out ps2 games are written in c, so if you can get the disk to decompile with ingbum ore something,this should be possible

1 minute ago, RUWO_builder said:

turns out ps2 games are written in c, so if you can get the disk to decompile with ingbum ore something,this should be possible

Hmm ok, what language would I then be working with? I assume C? Or C++?

And as for the software, Eclipse I assume..?

yeah,c unless you find a c to c++ converter that does not reck the code(most of them do).

i would stick in c and use eclipse