8pin to molex adapter wont fit?

BenKavanagh

I have two case fans but on fan header on my mobo. My fans came with 4 pin to molex adapters and my psu has a 8 pin to molex adapter. The problem is they wont fit when i try to plug them in. Anyone know why?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

they have to fit did you notice those cut edges? you have align those perfectly to slide in and something push harder with allot of strength to slide those in.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

7 minutes ago, BenKavanagh said:

I have two case fans but on fan header on my mobo. My fans came with 4 pin to molex adapters and my psu has a 8 pin to molex adapter. The problem is they wont fit when i try to plug them in. Anyone know why?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You just have to give them an extra little wiggle, as some times the pins dont line up fully. Is there a reason you want to plug your fans into molex instead of your mobo?

My native language is C++

The pins inside Molex are loose. As you can see they're nowhere near aligned. But they're not set that way, they rattle around randomly. As you plug it in, turn the wires to alight the pins and it'll slot in just fine.

43 minutes ago, tt2468 said:

You just have to give them an extra little wiggle, as some times the pins dont line up fully. Is there a reason you want to plug your fans into molex instead of your mobo?

I have two fans but 1 fan header. I also have two 4pin to molex and a 8pin to molex. So i can have both fans on.

47 minutes ago, Xsilent(X) said:

they have to fit did you notice those cut edges? you have align those perfectly to slide in and something push harder with allot of strength to slide those in.

Yes im not blind

20 minutes ago, BenKavanagh said:

Yes im not blind

no need to get defensive, lots of people on here are new to the whole PC building, so sometimes the obvious needs to be stated.

Like others have already stated, if they don't fit it's simply because the pins are not aligned correctly, a bit of wiggling around will do.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Eventually got them in but now my pc wont turn on when i plug the fans in lol. Probably a big fuck up. Just gonna go buy a fan splitter.

12 hours ago, BenKavanagh said:

I have two fans but 1 fan header. I also have two 4pin to molex and a 8pin to molex. So i can have both fans on.

There's no such thing as 8pin molex. Molex connectors allow passthrough configuration, so you have connector with 2 female and 1 male ends.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv