Where Do You Send A Noob?

I'm a complete noob. I've posted here before but this is different. I want to know where to go. I'm just getting into this PC stuff. I'm great a research, but when you guys talk about this stuff it only gets me more confused. This is how you sound to a noob. "Wow, you got the icore 420? That's sooo lame! The 3jo2ih89d3sj is a way better one!"

So where would you send me? I need all the links you can find for complete 100% noobs like me. Preferably videos as that helps me learn better. But you can explain in the replies if you want.

My build in fancy text: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/BWGdxY My current build: http://imgur.com/gallery/sOgMR3u

youtube.com

pcpartpicker.com

• CPU
    i7-6850k
  • Motherboard
    MSI X99A Sli Plus
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix LP      DDR4-2400
  • GPU                                            MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8Gb
  • Case
    Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB
  • Storage
    Samsung 250GB 850 pro,        WD Black 1TB, WD blue 3TB
  • PSU
    Thermaltake Toughpower 1200w
  • Display(s)
    Asus vg248qe, Asus vg245h
  • Cooling
    Swiftech H220-x
  • Keyboard
    Logitech g910
  • Mouse
    Logitech g502
  • Sound
    Áudio Technica ATH-M50x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro
  • PCPartPicker URL

Just be patient, take some time, do some research, watch some techquickie and ltt, make a post on r/buildapc. Do some price comparisons from online retailers too. Use PCPartPicker.

Most of it really isn't that hard to do, just be patient about doing it.

15 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Maybe go and watch a few tech channels on Youtube ? Obviously Linus's channel and also Jayztwocents are a good start.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips

https://www.youtube.com/user/Jayztwocents

I guess LTT is a bit too much for a total noob i would say awesome sause network, pauls hardware, toms hardware and tech power up 

21 minutes ago, TyFilms said:

I'm a complete noob. I've posted here before but this is different. I want to know where to go. I'm just getting into this PC stuff. I'm great a research, but when you guys talk about this stuff it only gets me more confused. This is how you sound to a noob. "Wow, you got the icore 420? That's sooo lame! The 3jo2ih89d3sj is a way better one!"

So where would you send me? I need all the links you can find for complete 100% noobs like me. Preferably videos as that helps me learn better. But you can explain in the replies if you want.

I usually explain things to noobs to save them time. I wouldn't expect them to know or be able to find names and numbers of parts or learn what any of the specs mean on their own. Knowledge is a social thing, passed along from people to people via texts/videos/wurdz.

Just now, Scitesh said:

I guess LTT is a bit too much for a total noob i would say awesome sause network, pauls hardware, toms hardware and tech power u

22 minutes ago, TyFilms said:

Also when i joined PCs 2 years back i also felt the same whatever the product any one suggestion Google it or what i Google  is 'product' problems /review 

Also before building my own system i took a couple of weeks planning each part asking on toms hardware and tech power up  (before joining LTT) and don't hesitate  to ask even the most trivial questions (please don't start a fan war) 

Just watch all the videos here and you instantly a pro :P

https://www.youtube.com/user/Techquickie

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

18 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Just watch all the videos here and you instantly a pro :P

https://www.youtube.com/user/Techquickie

And some of us didn't even watch all of the videos of techquickie...

Including me.. :P

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I go to pcpartpicker to check out other people's build.

X99 Z170 Z97, all that kind of stuff. Learn to differentiate them, and knows what is the best choice for me.

Also at this forum there is a section called: New builds and planning. That's where the veterans answers newbies questions when it comes to build a PC.

Go there and see what are people's need and what the vets' suggestions are. 

You will learn a lot, believe me. At least I learned a lot from all those suggestions. 

Also most importantly , don't be afraid if you are a newbie. This forum welcomes new member. 

In the end we came here for help, and fun of course.

And the member we don't like (or at least I don't like) are those who knows a thing or two, then bashing other people opinions. 

Those people are the real noob. 

And we've all seen them in this tech forum as well as in real life.... 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Mainly lots of research and being patient when you know new things are going to be coming out. I try to wait a bit and let the bugs get worked out first and then read reviews. 

I'm still a noob.