Hot-linking image between LTT posts broke image attachment

Delicieuxz

The graph image of my Witcher 3 performance, which I uploaded to and included within this post has disappeared: 

I hot-linked the image in 2 - 4 other LTT posts before it happened, and it disappeared from all posts immediately upon hot-linking to it in the last post that I tried to, which is this post (I uploaded another instance of it afterwards):

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I can't reproduce this on my local install. How did the whole process work? Drag image to upload zone -> insert into post when finished uploading -> submit post -> Right click on image in new post -> copy image location -> in other topic, paste image url, so it automatically embeds -> submit post -> other image has gone? Or something else?

HTTP/2 203

I used the drag-drop to the upload zone, then clicked the '+' symbol to add it to the post, then submitted post.

Then I right-clicked, chose 'copy image address,' and simply pasted the copied address in other posts, and the image would appear via the forum software's automatic embedding feature.

After doing this 3 - 4 times, upon submitting the last post I was pasting it to, the image turned into a missing image icon in that post, and the image was gone in the original post where I uploaded it to the LTT forums.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Had you edited a post that contained the image, to remove it from that post?

HTTP/2 203

It looks like you were editing this post

and clicked the delete button on the attachment, which appears to have deleted it from all the posts, not just that one. I have reported the relevant bug to the software devs, so that hopefully they will fix it in a future update.

HTTP/2 203