NVDIA Titan X(Pascal)

Sagar Das
Go to solution Solved by Sagar Das,
6 minutes ago, App4that said:

Easy, it works. It's actually the reason I'm looking at buying one. If it had HBM2 I'd probably get a 1080. I prefer to know something will work, than gamble. And HBM straight up had issues. Those issues are more than likely cleared up, but 1200us is a lot to spend on maybe.

Good for u i will buy a rx 480, I will say just wait out till vega comes out

Guy I just saw the add for the new titan x and its a gdd5x not hbm2? why it will be good coz its a titan, and got 11 tflops but really gddr5?

Just now, Cela1 said:

O rly?

I'll believe you when we get a screenshot.

here is the vid

heard that the reason for that is shortage of hbm2 memory , the first wave was apparently bought out by AMD & it kinda restricted mass production for this i believe

Details separate people.

only 11tfl?

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Just now, Tech_Dreamer said:

heard that the reason for that is shortage of hbm2 memory , the first wave was apparently bought out by AMD & it kinda restricted mass production for this i believe

then 1st thing that comes to my mind is that,team red might have something to beat the titan this time, they came close with there 290x as i beleve

I feel ripped off i ordered gt 1080 lol. Well not really ;)

but gddr5 and gddr5x isn't the same. Gddr5x have potential of 12ghz speed. I think its 5ghz. Which no gpu can reach today.

Im not sure the corelation between IPC and memory i dont think its 1:1 ratio. I guess hbm2 is not cost efficient on nvidias end.

1 minute ago, Cela1 said:

Well, I believe you now. Why did they call it the X (again?!)

coz it a titan x and nvdia is also calling it a titan x

2 minutes ago, xgn said:

I feel ripped off i ordered gt 1080 lol. Well not really ;)

but gddr5 and gddr5x isn't the same. Gddr5x have potential of 12ghz speed. I think its 5ghz. Which no gpu can reach today.

Im not sure the corelation between IPC and memory i dont think its 1:1 ratio. I guess hbm2 is not cost efficient on nvidias end.

but still we expected the titan to be a hbm2 card not gddr5x, or will there be a other variants? 

3 minutes ago, Sagar Das said:

then 1st thing that comes to my mind is that,team red might have something to beat the titan this time, they came close with there 290x as i beleve

honestly i think NVIDIA devotes more into  R & D compared to red team , it's kinda like a class room at the end of the day kid with the most research does better & the kid jsut studying to get through , just gets through

Details separate people.

Its very interesting move. That suggests that Volta is actually the target for HBM2, and the recent rumour was that will be on 16nm as well. Maybe that is mid next year, maybe a years time so it does suggest Vega is going to be HBM2 before Nvidia by half a year potentially.

The name was an awful idea. The only reason to keep it is to confuse people.

I saw a comment on the video last night that kind'a sums up the problem: "So should I spring now for the Titan X, or wait for the Titan X?"

Also, I would kind of expect them to stick 16GB of RAM on there... I know RAM isn't actually THAT important, but come on, that's what the last one had.

-I just realized, it'll be listed as the "Titan X 12GB" in stores and stuff. It'll be even harder to differentiate for most people.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

HBM2 is for paper bragging. HBM has done nothing for the Furies, I could care less that is has GDDR5X and I'm voting with my dollars.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

43 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

The name was an awful idea. The only reason to keep it is to confuse people.

I saw a comment on the video last night that kind'a sums up the problem: "So should I spring now for the Titan X, or wait for the Titan X?"

Also, I would kind of expect them to stick 16GB of RAM on there... I know RAM isn't actually THAT important, but come on, that's what the last one had.

-I just realized, it'll be listed as the "Titan X 12GB" in stores and stuff. It'll be even harder to differentiate for most people.

Sounds like a shady way for them to offload old model inventory...

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

34 minutes ago, Jon Jon said:

Sounds like a shady way for them to offload old model inventory...

Or maybe an excuse to just not change half their promotional material.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

1 hour ago, rrubberr said:

Well, if you think a $200 price increase is in order to an already spendy card, it should probably be able to do some bragging on paper.

And is does, you should read what it brings to the table. Not paper performance, actual performance. Not promises, results.

14 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

All I can say is... Pro Duo for me! Nvidia's already milked me for enough with their high end, and quite frankly, the pricing on this sent me over the edge.

I would say the prizing had been justified if it was a hbm2 card, 

1 hour ago, App4that said:

HBM2 is for paper bragging. HBM has done nothing for the Furies, I could care less that is has GDDR5X and I'm voting with my dollars.

hbm was the stepping stone to hbm2, if fury had hbm2 it would have been faster than the original titan x 1st gen hbm was good according to the time

maybe pascal which is a maxwell based card on steroid can't use hbm or even hbm2 or maybe production cost 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

And is does, you should read what it brings to the table. Not paper performance, actual performance. Not promises, results.

well we expected more from the titan x (pascal)

Just now, Sagar Das said:

I would say the prizing had been justified if it was a hbm2 card, 

hbm was the stepping stone to hbm2, if fury had hbm2 it would have been faster than the original titan x 1st gen hbm was good according to the time

maybe pascal which is a maxwell based card on steroid can't use hbm or even hbm2 or maybe production cost 

All that matters to some such as myself is performance. Sure not having HBM would have helped the Furies, but it wouldn't have increased their performance . It would have just allowed them to use better graphics features and settings. HBM would matter if it had an impact on performance.

but I got a theory that the new titan would have been bottlenecked if it had hbm2, maybe the cpu now we have r not fast enough?

Just now, Sagar Das said:

but I got a theory that the new titan would have been bottlenecked if it had hbm2, maybe the cpu now we have r not fast enough?

It's hypothesis, and nah. You might have a slight bottleneck but nothing to worry about. The argument is which is better. A 400 lane highway with the cars doing 100mph (sorry, dirty American) or a 4000 lane highway with the cars going 50mph. That's why it's a paper argument, they're both going to deliver the same result unless you have a need greater than 400 lanes. Which in games doesn't happen yet. Maybe in a few years.

Just need the full blown GP100 Titan

nv pls. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, App4that said:

It's hypothesis, and nah. You might have a slight bottleneck but nothing to worry about. The argument is which is better. A 400 lane highway with the cars doing 100mph (sorry, dirty American) or a 4000 lane highway with the cars going 50mph. That's why it's a paper argument, they're both going to deliver the same result unless you have a need greater than 400 lanes. Which in games doesn't happen yet. Maybe in a few years.

but still the question remains  why did they put ddr5x not hbm2, as the other guy said (above) the 1st batch was bought by amd, even though, the 1080 and the 1070 is in low quantity in the market so why now and yet we got the 1060 as well really shady, trying to cut the market of AMD....