Titan X AGAIN!!! Yep, nVidia is keeping the name

So if anyone missed this....nVidia has announced the new Titans...they are again to be called Titan X...specs on he site...oh and this got announced and the EVGA GTX 1080 hybrids STILL haven't been launched or even had spec sheets released for them...thanks for the long wait EVGA...

anyway...enjoy

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/titan-x-pascal?

Yep, I kinda glad they kept the name. Hopefully going from a 980ti to a Titan X. Bad ass

If anyone asks you never saw me.

At least they could call it Titanic X

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 hour ago, Qrtrmstr2k said:

So if anyone missed this....nVidia has announced the new Titans...they are again to be called Titan X...specs on he site...oh and this got announced and the EVGA GTX 1080 hybrids STILL haven't been launched or even had spec sheets released for them...thanks for the long wait EVGA...

anyway...enjoy

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/titan-x-pascal?

a 1080 is overpowered enough xD 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

Just now, CmzPlusHardware said:

a 1080 is overpowered enough xD 

Not if you have a hungry Predator to feed. 

I think AMD's announcement of Zen, and the new gpu's coming, plus the fact that it does seem that while AMD was ready a year ago with the asynchronous computing stuff (and got severely bottlenecked by Direct X 11)...that nVidia might be in some trouble this generation...that they might be having driver issues with Direct X 12 and Vulkan...I think they're scared. I think AMD has got them super scared and maybe they're unloading everything now, while it can still sell, because AMD might have them beat here...and once those cards drop from AMD, nVidia isn't gonna sell squat.

13 minutes ago, App4that said:

Yep, I kinda glad they kept the name. Hopefully going from a 980ti to a Titan X. Bad ass

I like the name as well. 

If u have 980ti u might as well hold onto your money and wait couple of months after Titan X release to see if they release 1080ti this year or not.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

15 minutes ago, App4that said:

Don't buy this, man. It isn't that big of a jump over the 1080, and it only has 4 extra gigs of memory. Not worth 1200 dollars, that's for sure. You might want to wait for a true Titan or a 1080 Ti, maybe even Vega cards with HBM2. This is a scam.

1 minute ago, Thony said:

I like the name as well. 

If u have 980ti u might as well hold onto your money and wait couple of months after Titan X release to see if they release 1080ti this year or not.

Nah, if there is a 1080ti I'd rather have a Titan X. Never owned the top dog. 

question: how the flip are we gonna differentiate between the maxwell titan x, and the pascal titan x?

1 minute ago, Hunter-97-G said:

Don't buy this, man. It isn't that big of a jump over the 1080, and it only has 4 extra gigs of memory. Not worth 1200 dollars, that's for sure. You might want to wait for a true Titan or a 1080 Ti, maybe even Vega cards with HBM2. This is a scam.

You might want to read more on this card before deciding that. 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Nah, if there is a 1080ti I'd rather have a Titan X. Never owned the top dog. 

U pay extra for DP and other features useless for gaming. And Titan might not perform the best just because it's the most expensive. 980ti beats Titan in benchmarks...

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, App4that said:

You might want to read more on this card before deciding that. 

I know all the specs, and honestly it isn't that impressive, specially considering it costs almost double as a 1080, would be better to SLI 1080's at that point.

What I'm trying to say is: it isn't a very good idea to spend 1200 dollars on this when we don't know if there'll be a 1080 Ti or how good Vega cards will be.

I have been telling my customers this for a couple of months, but especially this week when we saw the 1060 vs RX480 (w/o new settings for async on) that right now is NOT a good time to buy gpu's, at least not any real expensive ones. 

It's best to sit here and wait. We need some actual DirectX 12 games to hit the market, and we need to see these new AMD cards on the high end before we go dropping $1500-$2200 on 1080's or Titan X's....if you have older cards, just wait...if they broke, or you sold them, or for some reason can't wait and have to buy now, I would buy 1 GTX 1060 as cheap as you can find, and 1 AMD RX480 (8GB cause it's only $40 more) and play games with those 2 cards (both together still cost $200 less than 1 1080) and just be patient...eventually one of these companies is going to be the clear winner here, and that's when you want to start dropping big bucks on gpu's.

Just imagine...some guy runs out and drops $1599 or whatever for a Pascal Titan X....and then a couple months go by and AMD launches some new Fury X based on their new architecture and drivers and it costs $700 (half the cost of the Titan) and has more than 2 card crossfire supoort, and a single card is 40-50% faster than a Pascal Titan X...not only did you just waste a ton of money, you'll never be able to resell that card because everyone will know the AMD's destroyed it....now is a bad time to be dropping tons of money on gpu's.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

question: how the flip are we gonna differentiate between the maxwell titan x, and the pascal titan x?

The shroud

2 minutes ago, Thony said:

U pay extra for DP and other features useless for gaming. And Titan might not perform the best just because it's the most expensive. 980ti beats Titan in benchmarks...

Who said I only need it for gaming? 

The 980ti beats a Titan X in benchmarks because of the cooler, not the card. I'd fix that first thing.

OP, if you are giving advice to customers you should know that crossfire and SLI support will suffer from this point on. The API changes that offer alternative multi graphics card support make manufacturer specific support harder to write code for. And a lot of people looking at high end equipment have specific needs.

8 minutes ago, Qrtrmstr2k said:

if they broke, or you sold them, or for some reason can't wait and have to buy now, I would buy 1 GTX 1060 as cheap as you can find, and 1 AMD RX480 (8GB cause it's only $40 more) and play games with those 2 cards (both together still cost $200 less than 1 1080) and just be patient...eventually one of these companies is going to be the clear winner here, and that's when you want to start dropping big bucks on gpu's.

That is really awful advice.

35 minutes ago, Qrtrmstr2k said:

I think AMD's announcement of Zen, and the new gpu's coming, plus the fact that it does seem that while AMD was ready a year ago with the asynchronous computing stuff (and got severely bottlenecked by Direct X 11)...that nVidia might be in some trouble this generation...that they might be having driver issues with Direct X 12 and Vulkan...I think they're scared. I think AMD has got them super scared and maybe they're unloading everything now, while it can still sell, because AMD might have them beat here...and once those cards drop from AMD, nVidia isn't gonna sell squat.

even after all these generations, you still expect amd to beat nvidea in the high end market??

come on use your head man....

Could of at least named it the TITAN X ULTIMATE or the TITAN X2 or the TITAN XR or the TITAN ULTIMATE X.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

2 minutes ago, refinedskillz said:

Could of at least named it the TITAN X ULTIMATE or the TITAN X2 or the TITAN XR or the TITAN ULTIMATE X.

Titan Ultimate Ninja

Just now, ModuleLFS said:

Titan Ultimate Ninja

Nveedeea TITAN X ULTIMATE X2 XR ULTIMATE X

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

19 minutes ago, refinedskillz said:

Nveedeea TITAN X ULTIMATE X2 XR ULTIMATE X

They should've just went with Titan P(ascal) or just Titan PX.

99% of my customers want gaming rigs...and 100% of my customers are happy and refer me and return to me for my advice, because they know I am not trying to talk them into throwing just anything into their machine just to have to turn around and come back 6 weeks later for something else...

The beauty of America is that it's a free country and you're free to start your own business and run it anyway you see fit, this is how I operate mine, and not one single customer has ever complained...and given the size of my house, the cost of my personal PC, my truck and cars and toys, and my kids college is paid for....I have no doubt I do more business than the local geek squad and to be able to say that not one single customer has ever complained, nor have I ever lost a single customer (other than to other issues like freak accidents and acts of God and what not) I will take that as all the positive reinforcement I need that I am doing it right and will continue to offer the advice I offer.

Another beautiful thing about this country is that you're free to disagree. But I would kindly ask you to refrain from making comments that border on attacking my intelligence ok? I have been doing this along time...in fact, I will date myself a little just for you....in the 1950's the US gov't has to be credited with the actual invention of speak to text technology (what you now know as Google Voice, Siri, Cortana etc) but that tech was shelved and never really realized of its potential until a company that...well I'll just say I'm more than a little intimately familiar with, spent many a day, week, month, moons, stress, blood/sweat/tears inside the brick walls of a little company in Calabasas, California called Speech Systems Inc. and developed the original hardware based solution for what is clearly now software based solution for all the kids around to play with...we basically invented (or re-invented) that technology for everyone to slap a label on and call their own now...point is, if you want to drop your expendable cash on gpu's (that may prove to be king for another generation, or may get beat by team red and their more affordable offering, you're 100% free to do that as well) but I would never infer a persons intellect or lack of for exercising their right to make them happy...and I will kindly ask you to please do the same.