Network Teaming

Go to solution Solved by Wombo,
6 minutes ago, Kilovice said:

Let me start by saying I have to use Wi-Fi, I know wired > wireless, if I could I would. That aside, my goal is to use two separate wireless NICs to see if throughput would increase. (Something to note: both NICs have a VERY good connection to the MFD/Router) I am not as familiar with networking as I am with hardware, nevertheless I am wondering if this is possible and if so what should I be doing that I am not? I did a bit of research but couldn't really find a direct answer. Saw a suggestion about using powershell to create a failover team, however it is broken in my build of Win10.

For those curious:

CPU: i7 6700k OC @ 4.28Ghz Watercooled

MOBO: ASUS z170-Deluxe

RAM: 32Gb DDr4-3400

GPU: EVGA GTX Titan 6GB Watercooled

NIC-1:

ASUS PCE-AC68

DL: 90.2~

UL: 6.0~

NIC-2:

ASUS Z170 WiFi Adapter (Broadcomm Chipset)

UL: 6.1~

It won;t help you at all with your WAN connection, if anything it might get worse. It could theoretically increase your connectivity over LAN in certain applications, such as accessing/being accessed by multiple hosts. The issue is tho, you will still only have the same single connection coming in from your ISP. This i your real bottleneck.

So to answer simply, no your throughput will not increase on your WAN connection.However your throughput may increase slightly, depending on workload, over the LAN.

Let me start by saying I have to use Wi-Fi, I know wired > wireless, if I could I would. That aside, my goal is to use two separate wireless NICs to see if throughput would increase. (Something to note: both NICs have a VERY good connection to the MFD/Router) I am not as familiar with networking as I am with hardware, nevertheless I am wondering if this is possible and if so what should I be doing that I am not? I did a bit of research but couldn't really find a direct answer. Saw a suggestion about using powershell to create a failover team, however it is broken in my build of Win10.

For those curious:

NIC-1:

ASUS PCE-AC68

NIC-2:

6 minutes ago, Kilovice said:

For those curious:

NIC-1:

ASUS PCE-AC68

NIC-2:

It won;t help you at all with your WAN connection, if anything it might get worse. It could theoretically increase your connectivity over LAN in certain applications, such as accessing/being accessed by multiple hosts. The issue is tho, you will still only have the same single connection coming in from your ISP. This i your real bottleneck.

So to answer simply, no your throughput will not increase on your WAN connection.However your throughput may increase slightly, depending on workload, over the LAN.

Just now, Wombo said:

Hmmm, thanks for the answer, I wasn't sure on this one