Ebay scrap pc $200 beast

magnumkobra

Whats inside: Amd athlon 760k - $50

Biostar A85S3- $15 

1x8 gb pny stick- FREEE!!!

64gb Crucial C300-FREE!!!

Evga 500w b1- $40

Radeon 6870-$40

Craptastic Ultra Microfly micro atx case- worst 45 dollars lost

Total price : $190- a hell of a deal if i say so myself

How this came to be: I first became interested in computers when i started watching Linus on YouTube, I wanted to build my own but lacked the funds to build anything ( I'm still in school ). So i started making that dough selling sushi at school from an uncles recipe. (no I am not Asian so don't ask how he got it). This combined with all the birthday and Christmas money, I finally had some cash. I knew from the start i couldn't get the latest and greatest things from Intel so I looked at AMD and their budget processors. I wanted to get the 860k but me and my stupid self saw that 15 dollar motherboard and just had to have it, The guy selling it on eBay said it was not tested and so i never should have bid on it, but low and behold i won the auction for a measly $15 dollars so it was a risk i could take. Since i was locked to only Socket Fm2 Processors i selected the Athlon 760k. It was new old stock from a random person on eBay but $50 dollars for a "Quad Core" Cpu was good for me. These first buys on eBay got me not one but two 30 dollar off coupons which i then used on the storage and ram. I then proceeded to buy the 6870 and Case which was nice at first but with no cable management it was horrid.

When installing i had some problems with the computer. At first i thought the motherboard was dead because it wouldn't post, but it turned out it was a problem with one of the Ram slots, Thats why I only have one stick.  

Note- The picture included was when i was having problems with running dual psu for cheapness, AND yes the pictures are horrid! I am not a photographer. 

I would like you guys to comment on how I did and what improvments I can make in the future .

20160616_194450.jpg

ULT33117-main.jpg

20160721_133741.jpg

20160721_133823.jpg

20160721_133925.jpg

2 minutes ago, magnumkobra said:

Whats inside: Amd athlon 760k - $50

Biostar A85S3- $15 

1x8 gb pny stick- FREEE!!!

64gb Crucial C300-FREE!!!

Evga 500w b1- $40

Radeon 6870-$40

Craptastic Ultra Microfly micro atx case- worst 45 dollars lost

Total price : $190- a hell of a deal if i say so myself

How this came to be: I first became interested in computers when i started watching Linus on YouTube, I wanted to build my own but lacked the funds to build anything ( I'm still in school ). So i started making that dough selling sushi at school from an uncles recipe. (no I am not Asian so don't ask how he got it). This combined with all the birthday and Christmas money, I finally had some cash. I knew from the start i couldn't get the latest and greatest things from Intel so I looked at AMD and their budget processors. I wanted to get the 860k but me and my stupid self saw that 15 dollar motherboard and just had to have it, The guy selling it on eBay said it was not tested and so i never should have bid on it, but low and behold i won the auction for a measly $15 dollars so it was a risk i could take. Since i was locked to only Socket Fm2 Processors i selected the Athlon 760k. It was new old stock from a random person on eBay but $50 dollars for a "Quad Core" Cpu was good for me. These first buys on eBay got me not one but two 30 dollar off coupons which i then used on the storage and ram. I then proceeded to buy the 6870 and Case which was nice at first but with no cable management it was horrid.

When installing i had some problems with the computer. At first i thought the motherboard was dead because it wouldn't post, but it turned out it was a problem with one of the Ram slots, Thats why I only have one stick.  

Note- The picture included was when i was having problems with running dual psu for cheapness, AND yes the pictures are horrid! I am not a photographer. 

I would like you guys to comment on how I did and what improvments I can make in the future .

20160616_194450.jpg

ULT33117-main.jpg

20160721_133741.jpg

20160721_133823.jpg

20160721_133925.jpg

Quite a beast for $200!

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

Quite a beast for $200!

yeah

Great deal for just $200

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

Nice! 

I am guessing it used to be for bitcoin mining or something. 

Motherboard: MSI X99A Sli Plus,       RAM: Corsair CMK32GX4M4A2400C14 Vengeance LPX (32GB),
CPU: Intel i7-5820K,      GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960,       PSU: Corsair Gaming Series GS600,
HDDs: 2x Toshiba P300 1TB 64MB 7200RPM,      SSD: Crucial BX200 240GB
All inside a Corsair Carbide 300R with a Corsair CW-9060007-WW Hydro Series H60.

Have a good day everyone!

Just now, magnumkobra said:

No i use it for gaming and my daily driver. 

Sorry, I meant I wondering if that is why it was so cheap. 

So, someone built it for bitcoin mining and it is no good for that now. So sold it on. 

Motherboard: MSI X99A Sli Plus,       RAM: Corsair CMK32GX4M4A2400C14 Vengeance LPX (32GB),
CPU: Intel i7-5820K,      GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960,       PSU: Corsair Gaming Series GS600,
HDDs: 2x Toshiba P300 1TB 64MB 7200RPM,      SSD: Crucial BX200 240GB
All inside a Corsair Carbide 300R with a Corsair CW-9060007-WW Hydro Series H60.

Have a good day everyone!

26 minutes ago, david cassar said:

Great build. I love used pc builds like these. On a side note you would love tech yes cities videos.

I absolutely love Tech Yes City!

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz