Google Authenticator 2FA Incorrect Code

exercutor5
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

This should now be fixed, and measures have been put in place to prevent this from occurring in future.

Hi there, I was trying to log in to my account just now after clearing my cookies, and I have the Google Authenticator app setup with my account. No matter what code I use, it would prompt that the code I used was incorrect, even if it is the correct one with the app. Then I removed my 2FA for Google Authenticator in my account settings and tried to re-set it up, it would also say incorrect code on the part where I'm supposed to input a code from the app.

http://whatsmybrowser.org/b/ZT63U3D

EDIT: Doesn't matter if I use the QR code, or the time-based code, both gives me incorrect code error.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

I believe that the google authenticator app is time-based. make sure your phone and pc are on the correct time.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

I believe that the google authenticator app is time-based. make sure your phone and pc are on the correct time.

They are, I already synced the app's clock with its servers.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

This should now be fixed, and measures have been put in place to prevent this from occurring in future.

HTTP/2 203

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Alright, thanks.