Which 1060?

Clanscorpia

Which one do you guys think looks better? I know they will are perform near the same so which one do you guys think I should get?

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

The best looker and the cheapest.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Just now, david cassar said:

Don't you want an rx 480 anymore hahah?

No, I was vouching for it's P2P, I never said the 1060 is a worse card

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Wait, I just remember about ASync, crap, I dont want a 1060 anymore :P 

Spoiler

AXIOM

48 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

No, I was vouching for it's P2P, I never said the 1060 is a worse card

Then I'd either get the evga gtx 1060 (is the cheapest) or the msi armour gtx 1060. Looks good (black and white) has two fans and only costs 259$.

48 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Wait, I just remember about ASync, crap, I dont want a 1060 anymore :P 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNaRJBrQJag

A 1060 overclocks much better than a 480.

overclocking>async

If anyone asks you never saw me.

12 minutes ago, App4that said:

A 1060 overclocks much better than a 480.

overclocking>async

OCing GPUs is overrated anyways. /s

Actually, the AIB 480s will likely OC just fine.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, wcreek said:

OCing GPUs is overrated anyways.

Actually, the AIB 480s will likely OC just fine.

You did not just say that out loud... 

Watch Hardware Unboxed video on overclocking both cards, the 1060 decimated the RX 480 and that is reference to reference. That's even in DX12. Overclocking puts the 1060 ahead of the 480 in every category. That's why overclocking>async

Just now, App4that said:

lol, maybe I should put a /s disclaimer in there because yeah I meant for it to be sarcastic. I know OCs on GPUs are important

Just now, App4that said:

Watch Hardware Unboxed video on overclocking both cards, the 1060 decimated the RX 480 and that is reference to reference. That's even in DX12. Overclocking puts the 1060 ahead of the 480 in every category. That's why overclocking>async

The 1060 costs more than the 480. Still the 1060 costs more, can't say that it's hardly worth it. 

Also Nvidia is a terrible company they don't play fairly with AMD and take some pretty anti-competitive measures.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amd/wiki/sabotage

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

Not to mention that nvidia can implement async in future drivers aswell

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

AIB cards though

Spoiler

AXIOM

17 minutes ago, wcreek said:

lol, maybe I should put a /s disclaimer in there because yeah I meant for it to be sarcastic. I know OCs on GPUs are important

The 1060 costs more than the 480. Still the 1060 costs more, can't say that it's hardly worth it. 

Also Nvidia is a terrible company they don't play fairly with AMD and take some pretty anti-competitive measures.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amd/wiki/sabotage

Really, are we going to revisit buddy AMD? 

Nether AMD or Nvidia care about anything other than making money, that's how companies stay in business... 

If you think AMD is some how better from a moral aspect, you're living a lie. 

17 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

AIB cards though

Goes both ways. The AIB cards for the 1060 will be cheaper and move the price to performance. The AIB cards for the 480 that overclock will be 30-40us more, also moving the bar. 

Both are awesome cards, that's the point of having them both...

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Goes both ways. The AIB cards for the 1060 will be cheaper and move the price to performance. The AIB cards for the 480 that overclock will be 30-40us more, also moving the bar. 

Both are awesome cards, that's the point of having them both...

So which should I get?

Spoiler

AXIOM

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

So which should I get?

Honestly, and this is me being sincere.

You can't go wrong. You could literally throw a dart at the wall and get a great graphics card. This is a golden age as that has not always been the case. Just a year ago the 960 was the choice from Nvidia and it SUCKS. 

If I was buying one for myself, I'd go with the Sapphire Nitro 480 as I'm a Sapphire fanboy. 

Just now, App4that said:

Honestly, and this is me being sincere.

You can't go wrong. You could literally throw a dart at the wall and get a great graphics card. This is a golden age as that has not always been the case. Just a year ago the 960 was the choice from Nvidia and it SUCKS. 

If I was buying one for myself, I'd go with the Sapphire Nitro 480 as I'm a Sapphire fanboy. 

But wont the sapphire 480 be the same price but lower performance than a 1060?

Spoiler

AXIOM

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

But wont the sapphire 480 be the same price but lower performance than a 1060?

Depends, does the Nitro hit 1500mhz. if it does it will be the king of bang for the buck.

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

Really, are we going to revisit buddy AMD? 

no

Nether AMD or Nvidia care about anything other than making money, that's how companies stay in business... 

Sure. But I think AMD might actually care about the consumer. Why else would AMD seemingly show more interest in the consumer than Nvidia?

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

If you think AMD is some how better from a moral aspect, you're living a lie. 

What if I think they might be an ethically better company? Companies can have better ethics and practices than one another you know that right?

Anyways that being said, like Luke said the 1060 is in a different price bracket, it's not entirely fair to compare the 1060 and 480. Also probably by summers-end or the beginning of fall once demand starts falling off for the new GPUs. I could see the AIB 480s being cheaper.

Just now, App4that said:

Depends, does the Nitro hit 1500mhz. if it does it will be the king of bang for the buck.

But you said an overclocked 1060 walks on an overclock 480?

Spoiler

AXIOM

@wcreek while AMD has been waving banners about a revolution that failed on some of its promises and only shoved a wedge between gamers. Nvidia has been in the community showing support. Not for game related topics, but support for tough topics like same sex relationships by showing up to pride parades when other companies flake out. Both companies have good days and bad days.

3 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

But you said an overclocked 1060 walks on an overclock 480?

We only have the reference 480, so that's all we know. If the AIB RX 480s overclock like the reference design. It's going to be tough for AMD. 

11 minutes ago, App4that said:

@wcreek while AMD has been waving banners about a revolution that failed on some of its promises and only shoved a wedge between gamers.

How so?

11 minutes ago, App4that said:

Nvidia has been in the community showing support. Not for game related topics, but support for tough topics like same sex relationships by showing up to pride parades when other companies flake out. Both companies have good days and bad days.

Sure. HRC gave Nvidia a 100/100 and AMD an 80/100 so it's not like on that level one of them is that hugely better or worse.

The RX480 is more or less futureproof while the 1060 will be dust after some years.

50 minutes ago, wcreek said:

How so?

Sure. HRC gave Nvidia a 100/100 and AMD an 80/100 so it's not like on that level one of them is that hugely better or worse.

Mostly on the ability to VR with a 480. Sure it will run some games, but not to the level of a higher card. And other games it flat out fails. The tag line wasn't "some VR", so they lied. 

Just now, App4that said:

Mostly on the ability to VR with a 480. Sure it will run some games, but not to the level of a higher card. And other games it flat out fails. The tag line wasn't "some VR", so they lied. 

What games does it flat out fail in at 1080p? VR might've been the tagline, which I guess was  a bit of hyping but idk.

24 minutes ago, wcreek said:

What games does it flat out fail in at 1080p? VR might've been the tagline, which I guess was  a bit of hyping but idk.

Watch the video by Kyle at Awesomesaucenetwork. He gives the full rundown.