NO 1080P RESULTS IN VIDEOS

Toby Coles

Surely i am not the only one desiring 1080p results from gpu videos on the channel? i am looking to getting an rx80 or 1060 and am only looking to play at 1080p, please linus include these benchmarks

It's because it's not demanding enough to even benchmark. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

While I would agree with you I would rather see 1080p benchmarks for myself, but I think 1440p kind of makes sense even for the most recent 1060 video because as we can see the cards are capable, even at budget price now a days.

if you know a card can handle 1440p with ease and 60+fps, 1080p results will be even better

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

14 minutes ago, Toby Coles said:

Surely i am not the only one desiring 1080p results from gpu videos on the channel? i am looking to getting an rx80 or 1060 and am only looking to play at 1080p, please linus include these benchmarks

No, you're pretty much the only one.

Nowadays 1080P huh More like 720P xD .

Anyways, Both RX480 and GTX1060 are capable of playing most modern games at a constant 60+fps on high/ultra settings at 1080P so you don't have to worry about 1080P gaming. It all comes down to the price of the gpus at your location and personal preference.

24 minutes ago, Toby Coles said:

I would also appreciate 1080p benchmarks I've been using 1080p for a long time I think in 1080p so when I see 1440p and 4K benchmarks I can't get a real grasp of where the card sits performance wise.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

10 minutes ago, Rune said:

No, you're pretty much the only one.

no he's not, other channels are showing 1080p bench

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, moderategamer said:

I would also appreciate 1080p benchmarks I've been using 1080p for a long time I think in 1080p so when I see 1440p and 4K benchmarks I can't get a real grasp of where the card sits performance wise.

Although it isnt the base model, the card that most will be buying (EVGA 1060 SC), sits at $250 USD and has better performance. This is seen in the video here.

11 hours ago, JWolfCrafter said:

I believe JayzTwoCents reviews the EVGA SC 1060 in 1080p, 1440p, and 4k here.

Do not promote that video. It has almost everything wrong in it. Two custom overclocked Nvidia cards going against the reference 480 while not using the latest AMD drivers, but rather the old launch driver. Great review. 

/s

12 hours ago, Toby Coles said:

And also Linus' reviews of videocards are very lacking and informative compared to others. Go watch Gamers Nexus or read reviews from websites, they provide a wide range of benchmarks.

11 hours ago, Matu20 said:

Do not promote that video. It has almost everything wrong in it. Two custom overclocked Nvidia cards going against the reference 480 while not using the latest AMD drivers, but rather the old launch driver. Great review. 

I dont think it matters if the 480 isnt overclocked. Toby wanted 1080p results, and that's what he got in that video. Most people are going to end up not buying the reference cards, so it's good so see how an aftermarket one will perform. As Jayz even said in his video, the driver may have increased performance, but it wouldnt be by a noticeable difference. I linked the video because it shows 1080p performance of the 1060, because Toby didnt ask how it did compared to the 480 overclocked. 

3 hours ago, JWolfCrafter said:

I dont think it matters if the 480 isnt overclocked. Toby wanted 1080p results, and that's what he got in that video. Most people are going to end up not buying the reference cards, so it's good so see how an aftermarket one will perform. As Jayz even said in his video, the driver may have increased performance, but it wouldnt be by a noticeable difference. I linked the video because it shows 1080p performance of the 1060, because Toby didnt ask how it did compared to the 480 overclocked. 

There was so much more wrong with that video and should not be promoted. 

14 hours ago, Matu20 said:

And also Linus' reviews of videocards are very lacking and informative compared to others. Go watch Gamers Nexus or read reviews from websites, they provide a wide range of benchmarks.

Do you know whos forums you're on???

Just now, JWolfCrafter said:

Do you know whos forums you're on???

So what???

Have you seen the benchmarks? Only DX11 games and showing about 4 games IIRC, this is not objective. 

This is not an argument, this is purely factual.

4K could become the new standard in a few years.