CPU load WAY too high

Go to solution Solved by Quantum1,
3 minutes ago, dellerbuff said:

I've read about doing that many times and have done it as well however I have very many smaller tasks and that would take forever to do, which is why I'm trying to find a program to do it for me if possible. Thanks.

There aren't programs to automatically shutdown processes using CPU, well that aren't viruses. You're going to have to take charge and decide what to kill. If you have a bunch of task that are using a lot of CPU then you should investigate as to why they are using so much.

I need a program that can tell me what processes that I'm running are safe to end, without giving me a virus. After searching for some different programs I could only find sketchy websites, and no legit-looking programs that can help me with this. If anyone knows anything that may help that would be much appreciated. 

{ps: if anyone can help me with my RAM load as well that would be much appreciated}

cam_071816_3.jpg

I need a program that can tell me what processes that I'm running are safe to end, without giving me a virus. After searching for some different programs I could only find sketchy websites, and no legit-looking programs that can help me with this. If anyone knows anything that may help that would be much appreciated. 

{ps: if anyone can help me with my RAM load as well that would be much appreciated}

cam_071816_2.jpg

If your on windows 8 or later you just get into task manager and it says your aps and the windows apps that are needed to run

I'm a educated fool with money on my mind.

They say i got to learn but nobody here to teach me,if they can't understand it how can they reach me

Power and the money,money and the power,minute after minute,hour after hour

My Motivation

Just open task manager and go to the processes tab and then sort by CPU. You will see what is using CPU from greatest to least. If it is something like Steam or a program you've installed then check it and see what it is doing. If you don't know what the process is, look it up on the Internet and then you will find out if it is a windows process and if you can stop it.

Just open task manager. NOTE: The "System Idle Process" isn't actually using CPU.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

6 minutes ago, Quantum1 said:

Just open task manager and go to the processes tab and then sort by CPU. You will see what is using CPU from greatest to least. If it is something like Steam or a program you've installed then check it and see what it is doing. If you don't know what the process is, look it up on the Internet and then you will find out if it is a windows process and if you can stop it.

I've read about doing that many times and have done it as well however I have very many smaller tasks and that would take forever to do, which is why I'm trying to find a program to do it for me if possible. Thanks.

There aren't programs to automatically shutdown processes using CPU, well that aren't viruses. You're going to have to take charge and decide what to kill. If you have a bunch of task that are using a lot of CPU then you should investigate as to why they are using so much.

Just sort the processes by CPU usage from highest to lowest and read the description to see what they are. If they aren't something that your OS needs to run, kill it. Worst case scenario you crash your windows and just need to reset the PC.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

7 minutes ago, YubinTheBunny said:

Just sort the processes by CPU usage from highest to lowest and read the description to see what they are. If they aren't something that your OS needs to run, kill it. Worst case scenario you crash your windows and just need to reset the PC.

Worst case scenario you crash windows and when you try to restart it says your OS is corrupted and you need to reinstall.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Worst case scenario you crash windows and when you try to restart it says your OS is corrupted and you need to reinstall.

While I don't condone just going Rambo on Windows' Processes, I don't think that you'd brick your install from killing a Windows process. Windows would just see it as some unexpected error and kill the system. Or in the case of explorer.exe, you'll just lose your taskbar, start menu and not be able to do anything with your windows, which from then you might as well just restart.

3 minutes ago, Quantum1 said:

While I don't condone just going Rambo on Windows' Processes, I don't think that you'd brick your install from killing a Windows process. Windows would just see it as some unexpected error and kill the system. Or in the case of explorer.exe, you'll just lose your taskbar, start menu and not be able to do anything with your windows, which from then you might as well just restart.

If a process is installing an update, and it gets killed while modifying vital windows files, it will definitely corrupt the OS.

Same thing if power gets cut to a PC, there's also a chance it gets corrupted.

If a windows process is taking up CPU and ram, you should not kill it because that means it's trying to do something. Let it finish.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

If a process is installing an update, and it gets killed while modifying vital windows files, it will definitely corrupt the OS.

Same thing if power gets cut to a PC, there's also a chance it gets corrupted.

If a windows process is taking up CPU and ram, you should not kill it because that means it's trying to do something. Let it finish.

Once again, I don't condone the idea of going Rambo on your Windows Processes.