Disable 2/3 cores on FX 6100

Yea, guess i could but its in my case box which is wedged under my bed :P

I always thought that was just how many cores the pc uses to boot the OS?

No idea though I did it with my Core i3 to test the performance with a single core with and without HT and had CPU-Z open as well

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Posted this in a different thread.

Eh.. Just effort tbh

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

No idea though I did it with my Core i3 to test the performance with a single core with and without HT and had CPU-Z open as well

Did doing that turn off the other cores/threads?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

Did doing that turn off the other cores/threads?

Yea, it looked right in CPU-Z at least

Showed 1 core 1 thread then 1 core 2 threads

But why would you want to shut cores down?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Well like i said in the thread to someone else, Some people have said that only using 3/4 cores gets the BF4 beta to run, however Im not so sure anymore based on what people have said here

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

f you are doiNg some overclocking that you only need one thread for then you can get more ghz on the same volts if you are running less cores

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Yea, Intel processors are working a dream (almost) on it but a lot of people have problems on the FX processors

Oh ok i didn't know. I hope AMD fixes this for them.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Oh ok i didn't know. I hope AMD fixes this for them.

Think its DICE that has to fix it.. Optimized :/

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

Use the cpu core control feature in the bios.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

People saying that to be able to play BF4 beta you should disable some cores.. 

Been hearing all over that it gets the BF4 beta to run

Been looking around.. All i can find to do with cores is "One core per CU" & "2 Cores per processor".. Not sure if that is right or not

What kind of asinine idea is that? it will only make it worse.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

What kind of asinine idea is that? it will only make it worse.

You know what, Selecting "One core per CU" has made the game playable now and works unlike before!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

You know what, Selecting "One core per CU" has made the game playable now and works unlike before!

You should be running 3 cores if you check CPU-Z now, I believe you have only enabled one core per module (if you read my AMD cores vs Intel cores thread you'll get it)

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

You should be running 3 cores if you check CPU-Z now, I believe you have only enabled one core per module (if you read my AMD cores vs Intel cores thread you'll get it)

Already did check :P.. Somehow it has got the beta to work.. However still only getting about 30fps with drops... Beta works better on WIndows 8 but i have Win 7 and ubuntu installed, Tried to install win 8 to a partition but wouldn't let me and i don't want to upgrade my windows 7 :/

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3