Disable 2/3 cores on FX 6100

Hi,

I was wondering how i could disable 2/3 of my cores on the FX 6100 with the AsRock 970 Extreme 3 mobo..

I have looked on google for about an hour to no avail so i instantly came here

Any help is appreciated 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

Why would you even want to? And it'll be in the BIOS. Not familiar with the board, but check if there's an Advanced mode.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

why would you do this?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

i know you can with that board. going for a high oc? put a fan right on top of the power delivery otherwise you won't have a good time.

just look around

Hi,

I was wondering how i could disable 2/3 of my cores on the FX 6100 with the AsRock 970 Extreme 3 mobo..

I have looked on google for about an hour to no avail so i instantly came here

Any help is appreciated 

Yes you should be able to disable modules (2cores per module) in the bios.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

i know you can with that board. going for a high oc? put a fan right on top of the power delivery otherwise you won't have a good time.

just look around

People saying that to be able to play BF4 beta you should disable some cores.. 

why would you do this?

Been hearing all over that it gets the BF4 beta to run

Yes you should be able to disable modules (2cores per module) in the bios.

Been looking around.. All i can find to do with cores is "One core per CU" & "2 Cores per processor".. Not sure if that is right or not

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

No...Just no...

No...Just no...

They be tellin' lies?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

Right... There is something called being "stupid" and it seems like that is what the people stating this is so I wouldn't bother listening to them...

I am not saying that you are stupid just that the people telling you to disable cores are :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Been looking around.. All i can find to do with cores is "One core per CU" & "2 Cores per processor".. Not sure if that is right or not

Will not help you in bf4, it will make it worse if anything. u could try one core per cu. If you turn stuff on/off then you can work out what it does by looking at cpuz or HWMonitor and seeing the numbers of cores speeds and temps.

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Right... There is something called being "stupid" and it seems like that is what the people stating this is so I wouldn't bother listening to them...

I am not saying that you are stupid just that the people telling you to disable cores are :)

ahaha okie dokie.. I guess i am/was just at a point where i wanted to try anything to get it to work... Even for a beta you'd think they would make sure it works on all CPU's

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

ahaha okie dokie.. I guess i am/was just at a point where i wanted to try anything to get it to work... Even for a beta you'd think they would make sure it works on all CPU's

Please never go so far to get something to work... It just ain't worth destroying your gear for the sake of getting a BETA of a game work :(

Best of luch with the beta anyway and I hope that you find a solution :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Will not help you in bf4, it will make it worse if anything. u could try one core per cu. If you turn stuff on/off then you can work out what it does by looking at cpuz or HWMonitor and seeing the numbers of cores speeds and temps.

Eh, I'll not bother.. Don't want to mess anything up lol

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

Please never go so far to get something to work... It just ain't worth destroying your gear for the sake of getting a BETA of a game work :(

Best of luch with the beta anyway and I hope that you find a solution :)

Ahaha, yea i know.. Been a long day thats all :P

I guess i just have to wait for DICE to fix it

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

You can do it though I can't remember how to, but why would you want to?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

lol bad people, they aren't your friends are they?

still, add active cooling to that board's heatsinks if you want to get a decent overclock.

lol bad people, they aren't your friends are they?

still, add active cooling to that board's heatsinks if you want to get a decent overclock.

Defo not ahaha.. I have 4.3 Ghz atm and it nice and cool...

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

Eh, I'll not bother.. Don't want to mess anything up lol

Fair enough if you read your motherboard manual you can see what those things do, so that you can use them if you need them in the future.

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Just remembered

msconfig > boot > advanced options

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Fair enough if you read your motherboard manual you can see what those things do, so that you can use them if you need them in the future.

Yea, guess i could but its in my case box which is wedged under my bed :P

Just remembered

msconfig > boot > advanced options

I always thought that was just how many cores the pc uses to boot the OS?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

You should disable all cores and go to your local comp shop and grab a better cpu.  Turn that cpu into a keychain or something cool! A book mark maybe?

You should disable all cores and go to your local comp shop and grab a better cpu.

Wonna give me the cash?

What a lot of people seem to leave out of their "wise" advice on getting the BF4 beta to run is that you need to re-enable the cores afterwards. For some reason it works. My best guess would be you'll trick BF4 into using only 3-4 cores (which is only what it's optimized for, afaik) whilst having 6 enabled. 

lol how?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

I use a 3570k and bf4 runs without a problem on it, my 660ti on the other hand has never worked so hard on any game. :unsure:

EDIT: I just checked my CPU usage while running bf4 and it is like 80% on all four cores. I bet if some one was to run bf4 on a 16core CPU it would be the same. I guess bf4 is the new Crysis. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I use a 3570k and bf4 runs without a problem on it, my 660ti on the other hand has never worked so hard on any game. :unsure:

Yea, Intel processors are working a dream (almost) on it but a lot of people have problems on the FX processors

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3