Screen tearing with GTX 1080 in Google Chrome

Balfan123

I am getting Screen tearing when browsing chrome with my new GTX 1080 which never happened with my 980. Is this a common issue which will be fixed by a driver?

and also if in w7 os do a directx web update too hope that helps 

16 minutes ago, Balfan123 said:

I am getting Screen tearing when browsing chrome with my new GTX 1080 which never happened with my 980. Is this a common issue which will be fixed by a driver?

In which way? When scolling when watching vids?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Drivers.

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

1 hour ago, TeoMikey said:

have u tried unisntalling the old nvidia drivers & do a clean install?

I did DDU to uninstall and then reinstall drivers. It was there both times.

1 hour ago, GER_T4IGA said:

In which way? When scolling when watching vids?

Only when scrolling it will have horizontal tears across the screen. Was not like that with my 980 which leads me to believe that it is driver related but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. Also it does not tear in Microsoft Edge.

looks like more of a driver issue here.

great tech. but shitty driver programming dont go hand in hand LOL.

1 minute ago, TeoMikey said:

looks like more of a driver issue here.

great tech. but shitty driver programming dont go hand in hand LOL.

You would think that Nvidia would have this all set when their top tier $700 GPU has tearing issues in one of the biggest Browsers in the world

In the Chrome settings, look for "use hardware accelaration."  Whatever it is currently set to, change it and see if it helps.

11 hours ago, Xyes said:

In the Chrome settings, look for "use hardware accelaration."  Whatever it is currently set to, change it and see if it helps.

Weird this actually fixed it. I was looking around for answers to this before posting here and some one also mentioned to turn off hardware acceleration. I turned it off and it still happened but when I just turned it back on the tearing stopped. Thanks man!