Two Factor Auth rolled out

rucdoc

CIG has rolled out two factor auth for accounts as of yesterday. this allows either the use of a phone ap or email as a second factor to help secure your account. as well they have moved some account details behind a secondary login for places you stay logged in at, like your home computer.

LINK: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/336523/multi-factor-authentication-rollout/p1

I for one am happy for this, I have spent way too much on this game and even though I feel my account is secure it makes me feel better to know that I have another line of defence.

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

Finally

*edit

Hold up. . .  I will have to wait till I get home to look this up BUT what is this support by iOS, Android, and/or WM10? 

I need to know. My work blocks the link the OP provides.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Good to know; will hafta set it up tomorrow! :D

-This space intentionally left blank-

17 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Finally

*edit

Hold up. . .  I will have to wait till I get home to look this up BUT what is this support by iOS, Android, and/or WM10? 

I need to know. My work blocks the link the OP provides.

They have an app or you can use a 3rd party app like google authenticator, authy or something else 

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

17 hours ago, Gyre-Taenn said:

Traitor!

Its a good game what are you on about /s

With the recent two factor authentication being more so an extra hole in your security as some have seen with the Social engineering 'hacks' from your phone companies, wouldn't this be worse? 

read my messages in a gleeful tone. 

43 minutes ago, Realist Peter Pan said:

With the recent two factor authentication being more so an extra hole in your security as some have seen with the Social engineering 'hacks' from your phone companies, wouldn't this be worse? 

Well no, only if they would use you phone number only which Twitter does atm.

CIG is using an app based approach wich would force an attacker to have access to you phone, not only you phone number.

It would be enough to have malware on your phone so it can be remote controlled, but I'd say that's a little harder to get infested by that if you know what you're doing, than getting your phone number snagged from you.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.