Logitech G430 vs XIBERIA T18

I was looking through Prime and Prime Day deals for headsets and I noticed the XIBERIA T18s were on sale for $80(USD). They're usually $200. I've never looked into XIBERIA before, so I have no idea whether this is a great opportunity or not. However, I also noticed the Logitech G430, which is normally $80 and is currently $55, have the same exact specs. As a non-audiophile, I don't know what I should base my decision off of then. Also, my main reason for getting a new headset is that my current headset, the PDP Afterglow Kral, is extremely uncomfortable and I can't wear it for more than an hour without headaches and sore ears. Part of that is that it almost weighs fucking pounds, but it may also be the cup design. They're almost perfectly round, with a lip that sits behind and under your ears. I don't know if the shape is part of the issue or not, everyone has different needs for comfort. The G430 is under a pound and uses a different cup design, and the T18 is just over a pound and uses a perfectly round cup.

My first question is: what can I expect the true difference between these two headsets to be, and what should I base my decision off of?

My second question is: whether I should expect the T18 to have similar comfort issues based on the shape, or does that come more down to weight and material?

I did answer part of my own question with some research: the mic on the logitech is a piece of crap, apparently. That's good to know. Still curious about what I should expect regarding comfort with these, since I've only owned a couple headsets in my gaming career to compare them to.

3 hours ago, wintercat said:

I did answer part of my own question with some research: the mic on the logitech is a piece of crap, apparently. That's good to know. Still curious about what I should expect regarding comfort with these, since I've only owned a couple headsets in my gaming career to compare them to.

umm what gaming career? You should expect nothing when it comes to audio quality and the comfort might be okay. When you shop for headphones you need to look at sound signature and sound/audio quality. Sound signature will tell where the headphones or headset has more focus.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.