Automatic Amazon Dash Replacements of printer toner thoughts?

Ill start by saying that i have no idea where this should be posted. If the mods could help me out, that'd be great.

Now on to the subject. I just discovered my new Brother printer is Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled. From what I can tell, this means the printer orders new toner from your amazon account when it senses that it is running low.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Is it at all reliable?

What I am personally unsure about is that many printers will say that their toner level is low, when in fact, it is not. If you do some quick googling you can find MANY posts on how to reset the low toner warning on your printer, so you can gain some life out of your ink.

Would amazon dash order toner every time you reset the warning and it got low again, effectively buying many cartridges before you even use the first replacement? If you have to manually cancel the order every time you go to reset the toner levels it would seem pretty counter-productive.

15 minutes ago, Lord_Doge said:

Ill start by saying that i have no idea where this should be posted. If the mods could help me out, that'd be great.

Now on to the subject. I just discovered my new Brother printer is Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled. From what I can tell, this means the printer orders new toner from your amazon account when it senses that it is running low.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Is it at all reliable?

What I am personally unsure about is that many printers will say that their toner level is low, when in fact, it is not. If you do some quick googling you can find MANY posts on how to reset the low toner warning on your printer, so you can gain some life out of your ink.

Would amazon dash order toner every time you reset the warning and it got low again, effectively buying many cartridges before you even use the first replacement? If you have to manually cancel the order every time you go to reset the toner levels it would seem pretty counter-productive.

I personally have not used the Dash service.  I don't think I'm at the point in my life where I need that to be an automated process.  Like you said, toner often lasts a lot longer past the warning.