Do some controllers have better support on PC?

DeadlyPilot

What do people mean when they say that games have good 360 controller support? Does that mean that some games will only work with certain controllers? I want to get this one 

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Wireless-Controller-Smartphone-Playstation-3/dp/B019H5II8Y/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1468308833&sr=1-3&keywords=wireless+controller+pc

which seems like an awesome controller for the price but considering its not as popular as a 360 controller, would a 360 controller work/work better with more games than the cheap one?

The 360 / one works best in nearly every game. I had such cheap controllers, i regret it.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

-moved to peripherals-

It means things like the 360 and xbone controller are truly plug and play - they are detected properly by the computer right away, and games support their button layouts with a set of predefined controls. Things like a playstation controller usually require some sort of adapter cable, and additional program to make them function.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Rodniz said:

The 360 / one works best in nearly every game. I had such cheap controllers, i regret it.

do you just mean the cheap controllers wherent good controllers, or they just didnt work properly in certain games?

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

-moved to peripherals-

It means things like the 360 and xbone controller are truly plug and play - they are detected properly by the computer right away, and games support their button layouts with a set of predefined controls. Things like a playstation controller usually require some sort of adapter cable, and additional program to make them function.

So basically any controller should work fine for any game that supports a controller correct?

1 minute ago, DeadlyPilot said:

So basically any controller should work fine for any game that supports a controller correct?

it's just that the 360 controller for example was designed to show up to windows as a valid controller device and all that.  Generally when people use controllers from other consoles, it takes a custom program to interface with it.  Depending on how that program works, games may or may not work out of the box with your controller of choice.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.