Found my dream Monitor but...

WereCat

OK so my dream monitor is 4k IPS 38"-42" with nice colours, response time, VESA and contrast.

I could not find such monitor anywhere except of one Philips one which is pretty crappy.

I am on holidays in Japan right now and I visited electronic shop in Akihabara. Then I saw it and my jaw dropped...such beauty!

I-O DATA LCD-M4K401XVB

http://s.kakaku.com/item/K0000834108/

Colours and contrast were jaw dropping and raster was barely visible from up close (better PPI than my 23" 1080p). And it has VESA mount holes!!!

And the price.... it is actually very reasonably priced. Around €700.

I would instantly buy it. Problem is that I have no idea how to get it back to Slovakia and dont risk any damage to it. And I think that I wont be ale to buy it anywhere else.

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

Looks more like a TV to me. Bet the response time is insane. :/

That is the problem with TVs... I would be OK with the response time which is on TVs..but the input lag..oh boy.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

That is the problem with TVs... I would be OK with the response time which is on TVs..but the input lag..oh boy.

That's what I meant, couldn't think of the term.

Get it and ship it from Japan to your address in Slovakia! Dont ask me about customs and taxes tho :P

That monitor might be more expensive in japan compared to slovakia, have you compared slovakia vs japan prices ?

I was kind of in the same situation, E.g : I was in turkey, I have been waiting for a monitor from Samsung , The Samsung CF591. It was between 400 to 500 euros or more.

I check the prices in Finland  and i found one for 379 euros.

So you have to be extra sure  to pull the trigger and get it from japan or else you might pay extra than needed.

(⌐■_■) 

7 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

Get it and ship it from Japan to your address in Slovakia! Dont ask me about customs and taxes tho :P

Yea.. 20% VAT once it arrives to my country + shipping :D

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Yea.. 20% VAT once it arrives to my country + shipping :D

Probably your best bet. I don't think anyone would allow you to bring that thing to through the airport lmao.

-"Sir, what is that in your carry on bag?"

-"Uh... picture of my mom?"

-"OK sir, you can continue!"

Up to you at this point. But then again is there really not even a single one in your country that pleases you :S

2 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

Up to you at this point. But then again is there really not even a single one in your country that pleases you :S

No. As I said, there is Philips one with really crappy contrast and colours. Rest of them are good but only 32" which is too small.