1060 Rumors - 2GHz Overclock, Specs, and Benchmarks

nosirrah123

Obviously this is quite possibly not true; such is the nature of rumors. I don't quite know how to interpret these benchmarks so I'll leave that to people who know what they're talking about.

http://videocardz.com/62086/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-rumors-part-5-full-specs-2-0-ghz-overclocking

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

2 minutes ago, nosirrah123 said:

Obviously this is quite possibly not true; such is the nature of rumors. I don't quite know how to interpret these benchmarks so I'll leave that to people who know what they're talking about.

http://videocardz.com/62086/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-rumors-part-5-full-specs-2-0-ghz-overclocking

its just rumors and speculation... why do people feel the need to continually post this stuff??? Just wait until reviews come out.. card launches on the 19th, so we will get official reviews on or before then... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

its just rumors and speculation... why do people feel the need to continually post this stuff??? Just wait until reviews come out.. card launches on the 19th, so we will get official reviews on or before then... 

It's fun to speculate. Just let us have our fun.

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

2 minutes ago, nosirrah123 said:

It's fun to speculate. Just let us have our fun.

I am all about fun, dont get me wrong. But this can create a false sense and create let down when it does not perform as well. Look at the RX480. When it was announced the hype train hit it up to 980 levels. Benchmarks reviews show it within 1% of a 970.. in many eyes this is a let down from expectations built up from unnecessary and unfounded speculation. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

I am all about fun, dont get me wrong. But this can create a false sense and create let down when it does not perform as well. Look at the RX480. When it was announced the hype train hit it up to 980 levels. Benchmarks reviews show it within 1% of a 970.. in many eyes this is a let down from expectations built up from unnecessary and unfounded speculation. 

I think this is just a difference in philosophy. I was a part of that huge hype train and ended up being disappointed, but I think that the excitement itself was worth the disappointment.

18 minutes ago, nosirrah123 said:

I think this is just a difference in philosophy. I was a part of that huge hype train and ended up being disappointed, but I think that the excitement itself was worth the disappointment.

wat. How is letting your imagination run wild and giving people false hope be worth the disappointment. That profile pic really suits you if it does lol.

We all know you can overclock it to 2Ghz, real question is can you overclock it over 2.2Ghz?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

As of late... Nvidia's "hype" on the 1080(980 sli performance levels) was pretty spot on, the 1070(Titan X performance levels) was pretty spot on and if that stays true then the 1060 could possibly be exactly what they're claiming... more powerful, more efficient and a better overclocker than the RX480.

Of course it can hit 2GHz. Does it really matter? With boost, I'm sure we'll see cards hitting 1800+. It isn't like it's going to boost performance by more than a few percent.

This is just more tiresome hype that will be lapped up by idiots.

Not surpised about 2GHz

That's been the limit (give or take) on every single Pascal die since launch

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Doesn't really matter what the card boosts to, overclocks to, or smells like out of the box. At $250-300 dollars for custom 1060's that are launching on the 19th (FE is only available through nvidia.com), the 1060 is the better choice for VR by a large margin vs. 480 because of SMP, so AMD just lost their cheap VR sales pitch. If the 1060 and 480 are dead even in normal gaming performance (which the math says is most likely), AMD will need to build marketshare with the 470 and 460 instead. For pre-built systems, the 1060 is looking to draw 50 watts less power at least vs. the 480, which means system builders can use a cheaper power supply and break even by using the 1060 instead. I know this thread isn't even about AMD, but the humble 1060 might just be a nail in RTG's coffin they weren't expecting, or planned for. 2016 is such an interesting and bizarre year for graphic cards. 2017 should be interesting with the rest of the Pascal line up and Vega.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

3 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

Doesn't really matter what the card boosts to, overclocks to, or smells like out of the box. At $250-300 dollars for custom 1060's that are launching on the 19th (FE is only available through nvidia.com), the 1060 is the better choice for VR by a large margin vs. 480 because of SMP, so AMD just lost their cheap VR sales pitch. If the 1060 and 480 are dead even in normal gaming performance (which the math says is most likely), AMD will need to build marketshare with the 470 and 460 instead. For pre-built systems, the 1060 is looking to draw 50 watts less power at least vs. the 480, which means system builders can use a cheaper power supply and break even by using the 1060 instead. I know this thread isn't even about AMD, but the humble 1060 might just be a nail in RTG's coffin they weren't expecting, or planned for. 2016 is such an interesting and bizarre year for graphic cards. 2017 should be interesting with the rest of the Pascal line up and Vega.

The only thing I'd like to say is that AMD did have a technology that optimizes for VR, it's not SMP but it is something that increases performance.

Radeon-RX-480-Presentation-VideoCardz_co

But of course, AMD had nothing to say on the matter and my only source is videocardz, so could very well be a fakerino

I wouldn't put it past AMD to release a technology and not tell us anything about it though xD

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Energycore said:

The only thing I'd like to say is that AMD did have a technology that optimizes for VR, it's not SMP but it is something that increases performance.

Radeon-RX-480-Presentation-VideoCardz_co

But of course, AMD had nothing to say on the matter and my only source is videocardz, so could very well be a fakerino

I wouldn't put it past AMD to release a technology and not tell us anything about it though xD

looks very reminiscent of Nvidia's slides for Maxwell. AMD are even using the same terminology...

MRSIntro_575px.jpg

MRSOptics_575px.jpg

MRSDistortion_575px.jpg

MRSSubdivision_575px.jpg

MRSProjection_575px.jpg

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

looks very reminiscent of Nvidia's slides for Maxwell.

MRSOptics_575px.jpg

MRSDistortion_575px.jpg

MRSSubdivision_575px.jpg

MRSProjection_575px.jpg

I think I'm gonna call them fake most probably, unless some other site confirms these

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I think I'm gonna call them fake most probably, unless some other site confirms these

these are from Anandtech, back a year ago. http://www.anandtech.com/show/9305/nvidia-announces-gameworks-vr-branding-adds-multires-shading

2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I meant the AMD ones. Sorry for the confusion

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

I meant the AMD ones. Sorry for the confusion

no worries, I wasn't sure. cool beans.

Fix your post please 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Seeing as how this is just rumours and it doesn't meed tech news posting guidelines, I'm moving this to the Graphics Card section.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

29 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Seeing as how this is just rumours and it doesn't meed tech news posting guidelines, I'm moving this to the Graphics Card section.

35 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Fix your post please 

Oh shoot, I apologize, I skimmed the guidelines before I posted but I missed a few things. I'll be more careful in the future.

1 hour ago, gilang01 said:

1060 @1911 MHz vs 480 @1350 MHz

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/9202637/fs/9188962

1060 @1911 MHz vs 480 @1266 MHz

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/9202637/fs/9145285

So they trade blows and are within 10% of each other, which is well within the margin of not being able to tell the difference in real use...

I'm not surprised, both companies spend a lot of time and money to hit performance and price targets.

1 hour ago, gilang01 said:

1060 @1911 MHz vs 480 @1350 MHz

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/9202637/fs/9188962

1060 @1911 MHz vs 480 @1266 MHz

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/9202637/fs/9145285

2 minutes ago, Tech Deals said:

So they trade blows and are within 10% of each other, which is well within the margin of not being able to tell the difference in real use...

I'm not surprised, both companies spend a lot of time and money to hit performance and price targets.

This (below) would suggest a very different story.  One or both of them are obviously lying or fake.

Capture.PNG

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

This (below) would suggest a very different story.  One or both of them are obviously lying or fake.

Capture.PNG

What is that?  It isn't labeled...  It looks like the performance increase of 1080 over the 980, nothing to do with GTX 1060 vs RX 480, unless you have a link somewhere...