Intel/nvidia budget build

2 minutes ago, joshua_lotion said:

You are completely correct but i live in a community of non tech savvy ppl and to the world amd =bad and nvdia=good. It's just like purchasing a designer item. It looks good on your desk and ppl think it's higher class. Sry if i offend any of you with this irrational thinking 

So your going to buy Nvidia because your community thinks Nvidia is the best...i would just say to them to Fuck off

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

3 minutes ago, InitializingDev said:

Sorry I just really don't understand your reasons but its your choice. The only thing I will say is do a bit more research because AMD has a lot of the features you are wanting at a much lower price and more performance 

I thought that free sync has more latency than gsync correct me if i am wrong which i think i might be. I probably won't be able to tell the difference though but who wouldn't like a nvidia card in their rig

So your technically buying the brand not the card?

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

1 minute ago, LizardsAreOP said:

So your going to buy Nvidia because your community thinks Nvidia is the best...i would just say to them to Fuck off

Just prefer it coz it's the more i don't know how to explain it. What parts would you recommend of it was an amd build? 

2 minutes ago, LizardsAreOP said:

So your technically buying the brand not the card?

Admittedly i am pretty lacking in amd knowledge as I've never looked into their lineup of gpus and cpus. What would you recommend that you think can out perform this at a similar price? 

1 minute ago, joshua_lotion said:

I thought that free sync has more latency than gsync correct me if i am wrong which i think i might be. I probably won't be able to tell the difference though but who wouldn't like a nvidia card in their rig

No, they're about the same.

Alot of people to be honest... GeForce Experience is a nightmare.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Admittedly i am pretty lacking in amd knowledge as I've never looked into their lineup of gpus and cpus. What would you recommend that you think can out perform this at a similar price? 

dont even look at there CPU's since thats waay outdated for how much did you say $?

Your Intel i5 is fine. You could probably snag a Radeon RX 480 4GB for your price range and not have to invest the extra into a G-Sync monitor.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 minutes ago, joshua_lotion said:

AMD's current CPUs suck but their GPUs are great. Zen will hoply fix the 6 year old design of AMDs newest CPUs. If you are going to buy your PC around late 2016 look into Zen it may be a great option. -

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

Your Intel i5 is fine. You could probably snag a Radeon RX 480 4GB for your price range and not have to invest the extra into a G-Sync monitor.

I will look into it but the 480 is quite above the budget at around 200+right? Or was it 300 i can't rmb whereas the 960 is at around 160.i don't know whY the performance of the 480 is compared to the 960 is though 

1 minute ago, joshua_lotion said:

I will look into it but the 480 is quite above the budget at around 200+right? Or was it 300 i can't rmb whereas the 960 is at around 160.i don't know whY the performance of the 480 is compared to the 960 is though 

The 4GB variants are $199. The 8GB variants are $239. Although I'd advise getting a custom variant from Sapphire, MSI or XFX.

The performance of the RX 480 is about GTX 970 levels. So a big leap from the GTX 960.

Spoiler

On 10/07/2016 at 5:27 PM, joshua_lotion said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/bTJfHN 

this is the one i made with pheripharals but the monitor is not gsync the total is about 983

1) Change the motherboard to what I had

2) Change the RAM, it runs at a higher voltage than the Skylake Requiements - Qoute from your PC Part Picker List, "

• The Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory operating voltage of 1.5V exceeds the Intel Skylake CPU recommended maximum of 1.35V+5% (1.417V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.35V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

3) Remove the OS and get one from Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/comments/4f7460/h_windows_10_pro_enterprise_windows_781_pro/?st=iqhpenuk&sh=8f6d133e

4) Change the GPU if you want

5) Change the case if you want USB 3

5 hours ago, CookieTheLabrador said:

1) Change the motherboard to what I had

2) Change the RAM, it runs at a higher voltage than the Skylake Requiements - Qoute from your PC Part Picker List, "

• The Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory operating voltage of 1.5V exceeds the Intel Skylake CPU recommended maximum of 1.35V+5% (1.417V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.35V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

3) Remove the OS and get one from Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/comments/4f7460/h_windows_10_pro_enterprise_windows_781_pro/?st=iqhpenuk&sh=8f6d133e

4) Change the GPU if you want

5) Change the case if you want USB 3

i checked the case before and it has usb 3 i think the website is wrong. also i might just be going with lower voltage and cheaper ram that i find off the shelf at a retail store. what is the difference between the mobo i chose and urs? i also included the os for lols coz i think i will be using an oem version of windows as they are cheaper

On 7/10/2016 at 3:12 PM, HKZeroFive said:

The 4GB variants are $199. The 8GB variants are $239. Although I'd advise getting a custom variant from Sapphire, MSI or XFX.

The performance of the RX 480 is about GTX 970 levels. So a big leap from the GTX 960.

but i thought the 480 has power issues or is it fixed?

32 minutes ago, joshua_lotion said:

but i thought the 480 has power issues or is it fixed?

Fixed via a driver released by AMD.

On 7/10/2016 at 3:08 PM, HKZeroFive said:

what about the other line of amd cards? the 480 doesnt seem to be a very valuable buy now. 

45 minutes ago, joshua_lotion said:

what about the other line of amd cards? the 480 doesnt seem to be a very valuable buy now. 

What are the prices of GPUs in your country? For Americans, the RX 480 is currently the best price/performance card out.

Spoiler

18 hours ago, joshua_lotion said:

i checked the case before and it has usb 3 i think the website is wrong. also i might just be going with lower voltage and cheaper ram that i find off the shelf at a retail store. what is the difference between the mobo i chose and urs? i also included the os for lols coz i think i will be using an oem version of windows as they are cheaper

1) About the case,I honestly don't know

2)The Mobo that I had supports ddr4 and that supports ddr3. I would prefer going for the ddr4 version as if i chose the RAM wrong, I'm not risking it