LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Seems to be an awesome way to  watch a movie/game almost any where with a flat wall...noice!!

Realy interesting piece of hardware. Didn't know such things exists. Now i want one.

I think it's awesome to have a projector that can outuput big images without having to wall mount it on the other side of the room. The portability is also great!

Would be perfect for smaller rooms because it only has a short throw distance.

I love how close it can be to the wall. With this you don't have the annoyance of people blocking out the light when they walk in front of it. Would be cool to have since the place I'm renting doesn't have a tv or anything for guests to sit around.

I've used projectors to set up public events in the past and will keep doing so. This projector would be so much easier to set up. Just put it on the ground 15 inches away from a wall, plug stuff in and you are done.Compared to what i do now finding a cart or table, make sure it is far enough away from a wall to make sure the screen is large enough, adjust the legs and the elevation,plug up all the wires, and then being done unless you want to find good speakers that you also have to plug in separately.

The LG PF1000U has plenty of advantages compared to a normal projector. First of all would be that people would not be able to walk in front of the projector creating that huge shadow on your screen. The further away a projector is away from its target the more of chance the image will be constantly obstructed by people passing by.  I was also super interested in the fact that it was a "LG Smart TV" so it already supports apps like YouTube and Netflix. Ontop of all it can do and being a projector it is advertised on the LG site that it only uses 100W (max) for its power consumption.

The form factor looks amazing and the rugged looking design seems to be able to keep up with my active life.

The image looked really good even on utube and I would love to connect it to my raspberry pi to play retro games in HD.

I'd totally rock that for background fx during parties.

8 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

This lg projector is the first projector that ive seen that is portable and is short throw (about 4 inch from the wall) the first projector I've seen so far that does that with just 4 inch from the wall that can project 60 inches. I hope to have one of the projector.

I think the fact that it's so small and can get such a big screen to look at makes it really special.

Me and my friendson have a gaming garage where we have 4 computers and one of them is linked to our small epson projector that had some input lag but it's still playable for gang beast would be nice to have an upgrade.

I love the portability for such a powerful product. As a school teacher, i could find some use for that.

It amazes me how far projectors have come in such a short time, i really love the design of this and it appears to have really good colors for a projector

That fact that I'm replying to this post tells you how cool I think this is, very cool.

Would so good to have a projector so many uses for them and this ones actually a good one.

Cool little thingy, would be nice to just lay back and project some sports to the wall (and some games too)

8 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

This would be awesome for the text camping trips my fiancé and I do. Blast it up on a sheet next to camp. Drive in money everywhere!

Looks sick! would complete my lazy gaming set up :D

with this i can easily play anywhere, as long as there's a surface big enough :))))

That is one seriously cool Projector! I just moved into my new apartment and using a only 32" TV! I am looking at projectors to use rather than a TV and this is currently taking the cake! I have a huge 7m by 5m white wall to use up and highly considering this option! 

It's amazing! I really like the fact that it can be close to the wall.