LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

it looks so nice and i didn't know they had a speaker this would be lovely to own throw up my games anywhere i go and be able to practice presentations on the go

I like the look of it and being portable and able to show such a large screen so close to a wall. Reminds me (functionality wise) of the elmo projectors from grade school.

p9132.projector.elmo_1.jpg.

The only thing that would concern me is the 1,000 lumens shown in the specs. I have a room that gets tons of natural and I would guess this would be like having an IPS monitor with lots of light hitting it. That being said I'd love the chance to see for myself, plus if it is true it will only be a problem during the day.

edit: a word, formating

Quite expensive but would be sickkk

Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz | MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr II OC | Samsung Evo 850 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair 600T White | Corsair H100 | Corsair HX850 | Corsair SP120 QE | Asus MX279H | LG Flatron E2251 | Logitech G502 | Das Keyboard Ultimate 4 Browns | Fiio E10 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Corsair SP2500 | HTC One M8 | MacBook Air (Mid 2013) i5 8GB 128GB

Quite a sick projector, my fellow young people. In reality, I must say, my interactions with projectors has been limited, and this simply blows me away. its sexy, small, and something I think I really seriously need in my life.

freaking awesome great image without the space constraints of a normal projector

Could you imagine pulling this out of your bag at a lan party. That would be epic

looks cool and would be great for gaming in small rooms

This projector looks amazingly portable!  Being able to move it around, the all encompassing connectivity, and the bluetooth soundbar support makes it a winner.  With it's short throw ability, it'd even work great in my apartment!

Honestly, when i first saw this projecter, all i remembered was the sont projecter just like this one. Although this projecter is different, it reminds me of that other one you guys talked about at packs or something. I do think this style of projecter is freekin' awesome, 15" from the wall with a nice 100" display that looks gorgeous? Man, what a nice piece of tech. Now if i had one, i'd mount it on the cieling, becuase, well, it'd be epic. Although i'd also wanna tote it round, having it for a theatre like thing would be pretty sweet. I think the design is noice too, siple and elegant. Makes me feel good. I think this projecter is more than just some projector, its something of art.

-Phil

I really like the Possibillities you have with this short distance. E.g in my Room wouldn't be enough space for other Projektors to produce a usable Picture. Thanks And sorry for mistakes produced Byte German autocorrect. 

Thanks! Niklas

Short throw projectors are the most interesting to me. Id love to be able to put this on my desk and have a display on the wall!

"Phenomenal" ! In my opinion this is an great divice that would perfectly replace ma small tv and give some color to the white, boring walls. 

To figure out the quality of this device i spend a lot of time researching and cordinated myself on these questions ; 

If the :;;;;:;:_                                                               

lower corner of the beamer has the word "etch-a-sketch" on it.

in order to star it you need some jumper cables and a friends car.

its slogan is "Pentium: redefining mathematics.

the "quick reference" manual is 120 pages long.

when you turn it on, all the dogs in your neighborhood start howling or randomly the police comes #LINUS .

the screen often displays the message; Aint it break time yet ? 

the manual contains one sentence "good luck" .

the only chip inside is a doritto .

youve decided that that this lg product is an excellent addition to your fabolous paperweight collection.

its celebrity spokesman is that hey vern guy.

So in order to give marks i had to identify the mistakes. And i can give it a 9/10. 

But the OMG PRICE !!!!!

Spoiler

Would love to use this both at home and at work. My PowerPoints would kill at 1920x1080!

It would be awesome to use in community services, and even the on-going protest camps.

I love it, its ease of transportation would make it a great add-on to my travel setup sense I'm traveling a lot during spring and summer time. 

On July 9, 2016 at 10:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hi and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I've been window shopping for and ultra short throw projector. It is hard to get a demo. I wanted something to replace the tv I had in my bedroom and also be something I can take out to an event and present content.

This looks like it could be it.

Enjoyed the production; it is a creative way to show off a product that just might be of interest to your audience.

Cheers

best thing ever for my dorm room! and i can take it other peoples rooms to play games and watch youtube. I hope I win

This would be a great way to show my family content i create. This is a dream right here.

The things I could do with this.....lol

Well, a fella can dream anyway.

1465595554545.jpg

Love the idea of replacing my slightly broken  tv with this awesome projector so I finally won't have to smack the back panel of it to remove the squiggly lines as it heats up. Nice job LG always impressing in my book.

So far, it looks like we got quite a competition for this giveaway. I'm looking forward to beating the odds and winning :P

On 7/10/2016 at 5:17 PM, chuahbc96 said:

I just want it because it's cool. No need for fake reasons >.< 

i know what you mean with people sucking up but your supposed to give them reasons you want it there no fake

I think I remember seeing the video from CES.  Wish it had a 1440p option or 4k option but still pretty cool.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

My projector was recently stolen,  would love this awesome replacement! Thanks!