LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

That is a pretty cool looking projector, would be perfect for a makeshift little theater.

This projector has so many opportunities for mobile gaming, not everyone has the option to have a large TV. This changes the game, mobile projection for co-op games, sign me up!

Holy... that projector is amazing! Always been looking for one, but don't know about the makers and models of a decently priced projector.

It's pretty cool looking, and it's nice to have a projector that has good picture while being compact, actually been waiting for something like this. Question is: does it overheat?

This looks awesome and would be perfect now that I've moved! I have so much room on one wall i could use this with my HTPC, def have to get this.

21 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

This projector is probably the first one I've seen that I actually like the look of, my roommate and I are creating an amazing tech space in our cramped dorm room this fall and this bad boy would turn things up to 11. My roommate's father owns a packaging plant, and so he's already printing a customized backdrop to go behind our TV and speakers ($500 Rockit R8s) with my custom built dual Xeon x5570 server dishing out all our media via Plex, this bad boy would be the perfect addition to our setup, enabling us to use almost all the room under our lofted bed as a screen, would love to have this as a part of our space. If anyone's interested in seeing my server build, our rgb color organ light controls, or our plans for a thermoelectrically cooled bar, thumbs up this post. 

What do I think?
As someone who has used multiple projectors in his life this looks like something I would love to get my hands on.
I mostly had cheap kiddie projectors for "gaming" that needed absolute darkness to get any image out of and even then the image quality was atrocious.

That thing looks really cool. Would like to be able to set it up in my living room.  Overwatch would be so much more immersible when played on a huge screen.

21 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Wow this is so cool, I would love to play gtav on this beauty!

I'll be honest. This projector looks AWESOME for it's tiny footprint. The downside is you pay for that compact box though... I compensated by using a 8742x6000 pixel image :ph34r:

newegh.jpg

Its amazing having the capability to do big projections at short distances, this beats every other projector were you need to position the proyector over a height and distance to get a decent image

It looks like an insane projector.  I love how it can cover pretty much an entire wall from inches away.  

Though I don't have access to a warehouse like you Linus, I do have access to plenty big white walls. I think this would be awesome to use for movies and games in the backyard with family and friends.  ^.^

I have been looking at this projector for a long time. While it isn't "perfect" its versatility is pretty amazing due to the short throw, size, LED light source, and remote. Just wish it was 4K and had more lumens. But still would love to have one!

This is exactly what I always thought projectors should be doing.  I have a long but fairly narrow living room, this would be perfect to game on!!!

This projector would be perfect, and would finally give my family and I a real incentive to put that savings towards finishing our basement and adding a whole new dimension of fun. It would be perfect, and at 200 inches, it would fit beautifully on our flat, basement wall! :D

The idea of this projector is incredebly smart. It's compact, light and doesnt require alot of distance from the wall it's projecting on to show a big image. I think this project is a winner.

Probably gonna test this out for a pokemon go gym fight around my area :D

That is actually super cool.  

You can bring a home theater with you any ware.  I would love to see a real review of this thing though.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

I'm soon moving out of my parents house for school and have a decent sized wall at my new place so I've been working on a projector setup with a crappy projector I got for free, this looks amazing and would solve many problems

That's probably the first projector I've seen that's "living room compatible".

Looks like a great product that solves a lot of the typical home theater problems with projectors.  Always loved short throw projectors but most I have seen have had their fair of issues.  This seems like a great little solution without going any buying something that's the price of a small car.

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

This would be awesome to do a father son gaming on!