Steelseries Rival 100 PC Bang Edition vs Logitech G100s

djdelarosa25

Rival for sure

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

i7 2700k 4.5GHz / Cooler Master Nepton 240mm / Asus Sabertooth Z77 / HyperX Savage 32gb / EVGA GTX TITAN SUPERCLOCKED SIGNATURE

I've had both. I prefer the G100s. The Rival gets quite jittery at anything above 500 CPI and the lift-off is very high. However, it has a much better rubber cable and has side buttons. The G100s performs better (no smoothing and no jitter that I can see) over its entire 2500 CPI range but, like the Rival, degrades PCS-wise the father up you go. The cable is a bit stiff and you have to run LGS in order for it to save custom CPI steps and/or reprogrammed buttons. Both have pros, both have cons.

6 hours ago, Big_Chief said:

I've had both. I prefer the G100s. The Rival gets quite jittery at anything above 500 CPI and the lift-off is very high. However, it has a much better rubber cable and has side buttons. The G100s performs better (no smoothing and no jitter that I can see) over its entire 2500 CPI range but, like the Rival, degrades PCS-wise the father up you go. The cable is a bit stiff and you have to run LGS in order for it to save custom CPI steps and/or reprogrammed buttons. Both have pros, both have cons.

Thanks for the info! Have you experienced any build quality issues with the G100s?

18 hours ago, djdelarosa25 said:

Thanks for the info! Have you experienced any build quality issues with the G100s?

I've had it for over a year and everything's good. However, I've had 2 G100s', a G100 and a G90 and the most noticable difference between them was the scroll wheel. Only one of the G100s' felt good, the others were okay. The G100s has the nicest feeling clicks, too, compared to the G100 and the G90. I'm pretty sure this is because the G100s has some sort of padding material on top of the plastic part that makes contact with the switch.