Will GPUs price drop in a few months

SarfM786

So i built a new PC and the only component left is the GPU but im thinking of waiting a few months for the prices to drop and because of how cheap the new GPUs are, would the 980 ti go as low as $300 in a few months? and is the 1070 and RX 480 Prices going to remain the same after a few months? What would be the smartest move in order to save money ?

The RX 480 is probably the best value card I've seen. I think it's probably going to be at least 1-2 years or more before prices actually go down though. Right now I've got my eyes on the 480.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

What currency are we talking about? Remember to specify this in future post because not all of us live in the same place!

Main System Specs:

• Intel Core i5 6500 3.2GHz CPU
  • Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H Motherboard
  • Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB 2400MHz, Gskill Ripjaws 8GB
  • Asus GTX 1060 Turbo
  • Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD
  • Seagate 1TB NAS Grade HDD x2
  • Thermaltake NiC F3 Cooler
  • EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Power Supply
  • NZXT S340 Red/Black Case
  • Noctua NF-F12 Fan x2

Laptop Specs:

• Intel Pentium N3700 CPU
  • 4GB Kingston RAM
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • Windows 10 Home

Peripherals:

• Microsoft Wired 600 KB
  • Dell 2003 Mouse
  • HP Compaq LA2206x Monitor
  • Logitech X530 5.1 Speakers
  • Roland RH-5 Headphones

1 minute ago, Warning said:

What currency are we talking about? Remember to specify this in future post because not all of us live in the same place!

SORRY!! Forgot! CAD

The 980ti is the same price as the 1070 and it will go down as the 1070 goes down. The RX 480 has the best value so I'd recommend an 8GB Non-Reference model. I was about to go with it for a 1080p experience but I wanted 1440p so I went with the 1070 for $200 more and a more expensive monitor. It's all about how much you can spend and how much you crave.

2 minutes ago, mathmeister said:

The 980ti is the same price as the 1070 and it will go down as the 1070 goes down. The RX 480 has the best value so I'd recommend an 8GB Non-Reference model. I was about to go with it for a 1080p experience but I wanted 1440p so I went with the 1070 for $200 more and a more expensive monitor. It's all about how much you can spend and how much you crave.

Yeah about that, In canada the RX 480 is $359+ even thou 200USD = 260CAD i dont get why its $100 more expensive here, do you think it will drop in the next few months? 

1 minute ago, Sarfaraz said:

Yeah about that, In canada the RX 480 is $359+ even thou 200USD = 260CAD i dont get why its $100 more expensive here, do you think it will drop in the next few months? 

It will 100% drop, it's just that high due to lack of availability. I wouldn't worry, just buy the non-reference model you want the second it comes out if it's the right price.

1 minute ago, mathmeister said:

It will 100% drop, it's just that high due to lack of availability. I wouldn't worry, just buy the non-reference model you want the second it comes out if it's the right price.

Thanks!

download.jpg

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

13 minutes ago, Sarfaraz said:

The 8GB models are the only ones out and Newegg's average 8GB price is 245 USD which is 320 CAD. Plus shipping, import, and conversion. It's reasonably priced, and most of the 480s from NCIX is 330. So its near the exact same. Canadian Newegg overprices stuff

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

25 minutes ago, Sarfaraz said:

SORRY!! Forgot! CAD

That really depends on the CAD, with current affairs.... the price may skyrocket for you or drop significantly... price of a dollar and all that.

Mwhahahahahahahahah /s

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

That really depends on the CAD, with current affairs.... the price may skyrocket for you or drop significantly... price of a dollar and all that.

Mwhahahahahahahahah /s

They're basically the same

Spoiler

AXIOM

http://www.ncix.com/detail/gigabyte-radeon-rx-480-8gb-55-132650.htm 329.99 CAD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125872 239.99 USD

0.77 (CAD to usd) x 330 = 254.44 USD 

Cheaper in canada

Spoiler

AXIOM

10 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

They're basically the same

6 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

http://www.ncix.com/detail/gigabyte-radeon-rx-480-8gb-55-132650.htm 329.99 CAD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125872 239.99 USD

0.77 (CAD to usd) x 330 = 254.44 USD 

Cheaper in canada

hence the /s

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

hence the /s

Oh, didnt notice it :P 

Spoiler

AXIOM