AMD or Intel processor for BF4 build (ultra)

No, Physical cores is what it is going after. If you are running XFire 290x than IMO your best bet would be an 3930k 6 core from intel if your playing games like BF4 as your main game.

Are you only suggesting the 3930k because of the memory bandwidth for the gpus? I thought a OC'd 8350 could handle sli 780s.

And in the end, if mantle is everything it says it will be, an 8 core will out perform a 6 core, regardless who makes the cpu. So even if a person had the money, an 8350 would be a smarter choice because of mantle instead of a 3930k right? This is all being said as if the person had plenty of money to choose.

8350 since you already said no the the Intel Extremes. 

3930K and 4930K are not the 'extreme edition' processors..

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Are you only suggesting the 3930k because of the memory bandwidth for the gpus? I thought a OC'd 8350 could handle sli 780s.

And in the end, if mantle is everything it says it will be, an 8 core will out perform a 6 core, regardless who makes the cpu. So even if a person had the money, an 8350 would be a smarter choice because of mantle instead of a 3930k right? This is all being said as if the person had plenty of money to choose.

I'm recommending a 3930k because of how CPU intensive BF4 seems to be.

While a 8 core normally would outperform a 6 core, a 6 core from intel beats out a 8 core from AMD. The IPC is so much higher when it comes to intel.

So if you have a large budget and can get 2 290x I would go with a 3930k. But if you have a smaller budget and only get 1 290x than a 8350 is your best bet.

And yes this system would cost you 2k+ depending on where you live. 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

The difference between an AMD 8350 and an Intel i7 3930k is only 7

AMD price as of this post on Newegg: $199.99

Intel price as of this post on Newegg: $569.99

Cost difference: $370

7 extra FPS is not worth $370.

And these are stock speeds. Plenty of people run an 8350 around 4.6Ghz.

If we ignore generation, brand loyalty, clock speeds and focus on value per dollar, there is no reason why you shouldn't get an 8350 and use the extra cash to invest in more power GPUs. That is what is going to be doing the bulk of the rendering anyway.

Plenty of people also OC i7's to around 4.6+

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Here are the BETA benchmarks, the AMD CPUs outperform their intel counterparts in every price segment.

I see no reason to go for Intel especially considering the significantly higher price you'd have to pay.

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/61740-bf4-beta-benchmarks-released-amd-takes-cpu-performance-crown/

Activision announced that its future PC games including the upcoming call of duty will also support mantle.

Upcoming Ubisoft games including Watchdogs will also be optimized for the 8 core AMD CPUs.

You can't really count the 9590 since it is OC'ed and requires extreme cooling and anyone who has the required cooling would certainly be OC'ing any other CPU they had yet all other CPU's are at stock clocks.

Sorry but those benchmark where out before the beta....This is the newest benchmarks. So AMD is not performing too well and the 4930k isn't there but the 4770k out performs AMD 8350 so just think how good the 4930k will be for bf4. Also to let you guys know that you need Windows 8 to get best performance.

ccbcb49f_1374264_518773038217357_1060742

Wow the i3's are really bottle-necking the game...  :huh:

The one thing that has mainly confused me with benchmarks such as this, the 9590 just being a cherry picked 8350 Oc'd to 4.7 with the turbo of 5 being pitted against a non-overclocked 3970x, of course the 9590 is still sorta classed as it's own CPU but I would've much preferred if these benchmarks were done with most if not everything overclocked, (with the exception of the i3's, etc). As many people would say if you own a 3970x and you aren't overclocking it, then son, you're doing it wrong, you get the point anyway. All in all, another set of these benches with all the CPU's that are able to overclock, overclocked, then we MAY have a different story.

Exactly why these benchmarks are extremely unfair, especially considering the cooling required to cool the 9590... So obviously anyone who has that cooling at their disposal would be overclocking their extreme edition CPU's..

The problem is that most programs and devices treat threads as cores which is incorrect and the easy was out.

The other thing is though that your not going to be able to load up something cpu intensive without using the memory as if its processing it got to get it from somewhere.

But yea hyperthreading helping gaming probably not but things where you cpu is flat out for a while definitely. I forget some of the stats ive see but they were quite good.

My guess is that its not that cpu intensive its just that the code isnt all that optimised yet. Are you gpu's also maxed out while playing? Its just a guess but somethings that could be running on the gpu might not be yet.

The only game ive had max out my cpu was planetside 2 but that was for just one core the other were at least sub 10% usage.

My guess is that its not that cpu intensive its just that the code isnt all that optimised yet. Are you gpu's also maxed out while playing? Its just a guess but somethings that could be running on the gpu might not be yet.

The only game ive had max out my cpu was planetside 2 but that was for just one core the other were at least sub 10% usage.

In it's current state my GPU is at 100% and my CPU is at 90-100%. It will get better with time and be more optimized but if your running SLI/XFire 4 cores might not be enough for BF4

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

In it's current state my GPU is at 100% and my CPU is at 90-100%. It will get better with time and be more optimized but if your running SLI/XFire 4 cores might not be enough for BF4

Damn wow I hope it just not optimized and is using old or no instruction sets or something cause other wise idk what to say really. Do the visuals justify your PC hanging its ass out?

Damn wow I hope it just not optimized and is using old or no instruction sets or something cause other wise idk what to say really. Do the visuals justify your PC hanging its ass out?

Currently, No not at all. The textures in the helicopter look so bad and everythings so grey and bland it looks like things are missing textures. It doesn't look as good as it should for how it performs. This is just because of optimization though.

Once it is released it should perform much better. Apparently this isn't a BETA it's a DEMO, A beta is the latest build and users giving feed back while a demo is a older build to test out.

Currently, No not at all. The textures in the helicopter look so bad and everythings so grey and bland it looks like things are missing textures. It doesn't look as good as it should for how it performs. This is just because of optimization though.

Once it is released it should perform much better. Apparently this isn't a BETA it's a DEMO, A beta is the latest build and users giving feed back while a demo is a older build to test out.

yea this sounds like alpha maybe even pre alpha. Usually in beta your testing game play and servers and getting the balance of the game as fine tuned as you can before release. O also seeing if any bugs fell though the crack in alpha.

6 Intel cores out performs anything AMD has to offer in every way - if I had the money for a 3930k trust me, I'd have one.

I have a buddy with an 8350 at "5.6ghz" on water.. (pretty sure he's just absolutely full of sh*t)  anyways he thinks his comp competes with mine when I have a good 20-30% on him atleast. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

yea this sounds like alpha maybe even pre alpha. Usually in beta your testing game play and servers and getting the balance of the game as fine tuned as you can before release. O also seeing if any bugs fell though the crack in alpha.

Well it also seems ALPHA and BETA have changed what they mean recently. To me Alpha means barley any optimization (enough to make the game run) with only putting feature after feature. This is where you get all your features and all the designs of the game, while beta is your optimization with small changes to the game. Now it's like alpha and beta are the same thing. Kinda sad. 

I have a buddy with an 8350 at "5.6ghz" on water.. (pretty sure he's just absolutely full of sh*t)  anyways he thinks his comp competes with mine when I have a good 20-30% on him atleast. 

Don't believe it at all sorry.

And your's is fake also. Send me a 780 and i'll believe you (winky face)

But nice build. You have everything I would want in a build. Intel doesn't make a 6 core mobile chip yet so I really want your PC.

How do you like 3D? Do you use it a lot? or less than you originally though you would? Or did you only get it for 2D at the 144Hz?

Well it also seems ALPHA and BETA have changed what they mean recently. To me Alpha means barley any optimization (enough to make the game run) with only putting feature after feature. This is where you get all your features and all the designs of the game, while beta is your optimization with small changes to the game. Now it's like alpha and beta are the same thing. Kinda sad. 

Don't believe it at all sorry.

And your's is fake also. Send me a 780 and i'll believe you (winky face)

But nice build. You have everything I would want in a build. Intel doesn't make a 6 core mobile chip yet so I really want your PC.

How do you like 3D? Do you use it a lot? or less than you originally though you would?

I was gonna buy 3d glasses but I forget legitly everytime I have money, I made a topic asking if it was worth the 120$ or whatever it is for the nvidia 3d kit, and everyone said theres tons of bugs/ and it's not really worth it, so idk :/ I'm working on watercooling everything but I need more money for that too :(

I JUST WANNA BE DONE :((

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The GPU need to be the main factor for BF4 if you want any game play above 1600x900 with high settings.

Yes, I know. We are choosing a 7970, the others would be above his price point.

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

You can't really count the 9590 since it is OC'ed and requires extreme cooling and anyone who has the required cooling would certainly be OC'ing any other CPU they had yet all other CPU's are at stock clocks.

You dont need extreme cooling to run it at the standard clock? H100i was fine for standard clock... its 4.7 on standard clock... with 5.0 turbo when only 2 cores are in use... it only starts to get interesting when you OC it...

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Plz don't buy or build a machine around one game... go intel and save ur self a headache later!

Plz don't buy or build a machine around one game... go intel and save ur self a headache later!

It's not me.

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

3770K/4770K!

don't buy amd cpus. They are weak comparing to i7s. Here, check this benchmarks:EnxK4GD.jpg

As you see i7s outperform amd cpus

They might not be as good as I7s but it does not cost 340$

It's not me.

Yes. yess it does.