IPC or IPS (whichever you want to call it) question

Is there a website that shows all Intel and AMD IPC?

Im just wondering where I can find the data so i can compare CPU's a lot better. 

Any links for either would be awesome :)

No, there best place to look is something like anandtech. Also raw ipc won't help as there as there is no one number than shows performance.

doesnt show the ipc directly, but measures the real world performance of cpus

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

IPS is a display technology isn't it (in plane switching?)

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

4 minutes ago, soup said:

IPS is a display technology isn't it (in plane switching?)

eye pee see

don't know about you but I've heard Linux say a lot that IPS is the best for gaming and everything else is irrelevant, so I like IPS better too

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Given the context, I'm assuming IPS is Instructions per Second, which would be Instructions per Cycle × Cycles per Second (Frequency). Generally just known as "performance".

No, there is no list of IPC for every processor, because IPC isn't a number. It's a collection of numbers, several hundred of them. Processors can perform many different types of calculations. Some CPU designs may be stronger in some areas, but weaker in others. If you want to look at performance for a specific type of instruction, you can look at things like floating-point performace (GFLOPS) or integer performance (GIPS) or whatever other type of instruction you want, but even within those each inatruction set has various extensions that might be used (such as AVX, AVX2, AVX-512, etc.) so test results aren't necessarily comparable, and actual performance might depend on what instructions are supported by the software and processor.

In short, no there is no table of numbers you can look at. CPU performance isn't that simple. If you want to know how a CPU will perform in a certain application, what you do is you literally just use the CPU with that application and see how much work it does in a period of time, and there's your answer. It goes that fast, in that application. Of course no one expects you to just buy every CPU and test it in order to make a shopping decision, that is why we have plenty of people who have already done that for you, and they publish all the results online, known as benchmarks on review websites. All you have to do is make a Google search and look at their results.