g710+ volume wheel and win 10

McHox

is it possible to "unbind" the wheel from controlling the system volume in windows 10? i just want to use it in vlc and similar programs

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

I don't see one in the software, you could potentially use a macro program and have it eat an input then assign the input to something else, but it would be a third part tool for sure.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

What else would you use it for?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

16 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Don't think so. There are no options to rebind the volume wheel. 

10 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

I don't see one in the software, you could potentially use a macro program and have it eat an input then assign the input to something else, but it would be a third part tool for sure.

that sucks :/

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

37 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

mostly volume control in vlc

1 minute ago, McHox said:

mostly volume control in vlc

It controls volume in VLC as is for me..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

It controls volume in VLC as is for me..

not be default for me,the problem is that system volume changes aswell

not be default for me,the problem is that system volume changes aswell

Something is screwed up..

4 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Something is screwed up..

not really,my question was if it is possible to unbind the system volume from it and apperently that's not possible

not really

Media keys are usually hijacked when a media player is opened.

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Media keys are usually hijacked when a media player is opened.

just checked and they aren't,but why would i open vlc to change the volume? i just leave it running in the background and controll it with global hotkeys

13 hours ago, thekeemo said:

I could totally see using it to scrub forward and backwards through video in an editor.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

2 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

I could totally see using it to scrub forward and backwards through video in an editor.

arrow keys!

2 hours ago, thekeemo said:

arrow keys!

a wheel provides granularity of control that is between pressing arrow key repeatedly and holding it down outright. That is to say, it's faster than pressing the key over and over, and slower than just holding it down, but also can vary speeds even exceeding the repeat rate of holding down a key.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

4 minutes ago, dtaflorida said:

a wheel provides granularity of control that is between pressing arrow key repeatedly and holding it down outright. That is to say, it's faster than pressing the key over and over, and slower than just holding it down, but also can vary speeds even exceeding the repeat rate of holding down a key.

I want that keyboard that has pressure control on all the keys..

1 hour ago, thekeemo said:

I want that keyboard that has pressure control on all the keys..

http://www.wooting.nl/ hf