r/UpMySetup - A subreddit for posting PC setups!

Hi All,

Most of you are probably already aware of a YT show called Pimp My Setup. If you haven't then basically users submit their setups and then the host along with a special guest each episode (yes, Linus has been a special guest) review said setups and grade them. They also offer a bunch of feedback so that the user can go away and improve their setup further. The only problem with it is that the waiting list to get on to the show is months long.

So I have decided to create a subreddit called UpMySetup. The idea is that you post your setup and then users can offer feedback (good and bad) and also recommend you gear that will improve your gaming/work/general computing experience.

Link to subreddit.

Every month we also have a Setup of the Month contest. The top 5 setups for that month (based on upvote count) are featured on a stickied post for everyone to see. Come January, the winners from the previous twelve months are put onto a poll and the overall winner is given the Setup of the Year title, and they get a bunch of different prizes (giftcards, game keys, etc.). We also give out other prizes at the Setup of the Year 'ceremony' which have less monetary value such as the 'CABLES. CABLES EVERYWHERE.' award for the user with the worst cable management. At the current time, we are a fairly small subreddit so we are not giving big prizes to Setup of the Month winners but we do plan to if we start to gain popularity.

Thanks for reading this far, and I hope to see your setups on the subreddit soon!

3 minutes ago, FeaturedEpic said:

Hi All,

Most of you are probably already aware of a YT show called Pimp My Setup. If you haven't then basically users submit their setups and then the host along with a special guest each episode (yes, Linus has been a special guest) review said setups and grade them. They also offer a bunch of feedback so that the user can go away and improve their setup further. The only problem with it is that the waiting list to get on to the show is months long.

So I have decided to create a subreddit called UpMySetup. The idea is that you post your setup and then users can offer feedback (good and bad) and also recommend you gear that will improve your gaming/work/general computing experience.

Link to subreddit.

Every month we also have a Setup of the Month contest. The top 5 setups for that month (based on upvote count) are featured on a stickied post for everyone to see. Come January, the winners from the previous twelve months are put onto a poll and the overall winner is given the Setup of the Year title, and they get a bunch of different prizes (giftcards, game keys, etc.). We also give out other prizes at the Setup of the Year 'ceremony' which have less monetary value such as the 'CABLES. CABLES EVERYWHERE.' award for the user with the worst cable management. At the current time, we are a fairly small subreddit so we are not giving big prizes to Setup of the Month winners but we do plan to if we start to gain popularity.

Thanks for reading this far, and I hope to see your setups on the subreddit soon!

nice

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3