Noctua really the best fans ???

GoldenTree

I've had a few, along with the NH-D14 cooler as well for a couple years now with no issues whatsoever. Their line has expanded quite a bit lately so make sure you are getting the right fans for your application (watercooling heatsink, exhaust, directional airflow etc.)

They are fantastic fans, in both performance and noise, but I don't like the color one bit. Of the few Noctua fans I have, I have dyed them solid black using many, many packs of RIT dye. Still work just as well, but are a bit more stomachable (just assume it's a word).

they are one of the best fans in the market the problem is they look ulgy
@windspeed36

your statement is only true if there IS a perfect fan. best != perfect.

from what the SPCR guys say (honestly, they are by far the most anal-retentive factually accurate people you will find on the hardware internet)

think of noctuas like this:

reliability - GOLD

noise/performance - SILVER

performance and noise for value - BRONZE

'medals' are relative to other fans in each category, as in, NOBODY beats Noctua fans for reliability.

noctua fans are ugly but there really good fans but i like my blue led gelid wing fans more

Noctua fans are amazing but their are tons of valid fan solutions for similar applications but Noctua fans are very reliable and perform lovely.

int main(){    if( Time < endOfTime ){        cout << "Noctuas will be the best! " << endl;    }else{        cout << "They're still pretty fricken awesome! " << endl;    }}

Nuff said.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

they are one of the best fans in the market the problem is they look ulgy
Define what a "best" fan would be then?

They are very good at what they do which is performing well at near silent sound levels. I think Scythe GT's or Noiseblockers are a better deal while industrial grade fans like Deltas or San Ace (which are actually pretty quiet at low RPMs) are better performers.

On a different note. I actually like the Noctua color scheme. A 70's themed build with Noctuas would be fun.

I got a nhd14 for my 3570k and it comes equipped with two fans. the 120mm fan runs at 1300rpm and i will vouch that it is just as quiet as any quality ball bearing fan... if that fan is at 600-700rpm. It is fantastic. Same goes for the 140mm fan. If quiet and effective is your deal, these are awesome.

However, they are ugly in color (hence i hid the 120mm away) and they are simply not the most powerful fans out there. They are also not much quieter than any other fan if they are pressed up against a surfase other than a cloth or thin filter material. Against a grate, the noise is all the same. That said, against a grate they are not necessarily worth it. With even a quarter inch space though, they are simply the best quiet effective fans.

Tbh noctua should really start pushing out stealthy black fans at least, just so they are neutral to the vast manority of cases out there, I personally am currently using bitfenix specture pros they look good, with the bonus LEDs and seem to have decent noise to performance for my case.